Inside, we’re upbeat about life.
Outside, we’re down to earth.
Here in Plattsburgh, we’re surrounded by fresh air, beautiful landscapes and good people. We work hard to deliver the best possible quality care we can, to friends and neighbors who depend on us for health and wellness. We also play hard, taking advantage of our unique lifestyle location in the Champlain Valley.
CVPH is just a few blocks from Lake Champlain, a year-round destination for skaters, ice fishers, boaters and water skiers. It’s also a beautiful place to sit, look at the mountains, and reflect on the many wonderful opportunities that our community has to share.
We are centrally located 150 miles north of Albany, New York, and 60 miles south of Montreal, Québec. That puts us in the heart of the North Country, within an hour’s drive of Burlington, Vermont, the Green Mountains, and Lake Placid, New York, the Adirondack ski village famous for the 1980 Olympics. Our city is also:
- Rich in history, you can experience the yearly reenactment of the Battle of Plattsburgh from the War of 1812 or visit nearby Fort Ticonderoga.
- Proud to have SUNY Plattsburgh in town for university-level learning opportunities.
- Easily accessible via Plattsburgh International Airport, Amtrak and I-87.
- The newest New York Wine Country location, specializing in cold-weather varietals.
- Home to an active Chamber of Commerce with 3,200 members.
- Known for fun annual events like Oktoberfest, the Parade of Boats, Zombie Night and more.
Plattsburgh is a haven for people who love the outdoors and respect nature, but still want to be close to metropolitan centers of activity. Living here means that you can ski Whiteface, shop Montreal and dine in Vermont – all in one weekend. Plattsburgh is a great escape from the ordinary!