The Foundation of CVPH Travel Fund
In 2001, the Board of Directors of the Foundation decided to provide funding for adults who need to travel outside the community to receive health care. The fund provides reimbursement for travel, food and lodging expenses. In many ways, it mimics the Roger Senecal Endowment Fund established in the mid 1980s to assist the families of children who need to leave the North Country to receive health care. The guidelines for Travel Fund assistance are:
- The patient must be over 19 years of age.
- Only one adult may apply for travel funds in addition to the patient.
- The fund will not provide funds for children to travel.
- No health care expenses, medications or medical equipment will be funded.
- There is a $1,000 maximum/year.
- Maximum income for the family is $45,000.
- The fund DOES assist with gas mileage, ferry tickets, lodging at a hotel recommended by the hospital, and food in the hospital cafeteria or similar setting.
- Reimbursement for food does not include alcohol and may not exceed $15 to $25/day, based on location.
- Receipts must accompany all requests for funds.
Residents of Clinton, Essex, and Franklin counties are eligible for consideration. The person for whom medical expenses are incurred must be 19 years of age or older.
Applications will be evaluated and approved by a committee appointed by the Foundation of CVPH Medical Center. Financial need is the primary determinant upon which application will be weighed. The size of the grants is limited. Grants are awarded on an equal opportunity basis regardless of sex, color, race, creed, or religion.
Click here for the Application (PDF format)