North Country Regional Blood Donor Program Says "Give Blood This Summer"
Plattsburgh, NY – 7/25/2014 - The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, a program of CVPH Medical Center, conducts community blood drives with the support of many local businesses and organizations. Blood and blood products donated by North Country residents at these drives are used not only at CVPH Medical Center but at hospitals in Elizabethtown, Saranac Lake, Malone, Massena and Glens Falls.
Here is the August schedule of blood drives open to the community:
• Monday, August 4, Willsboro Fire Department, 3 to 6 p.m.
• Thursday, August 7, Chateaugay Fire Department, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Friday, August 8, Clinton County Advocacy and Resource Center, 231 New York Road, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 12, Brushton-Moira American Legion, Post #939, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 13, Altona Fire Department, 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Thursday, August 14, Ausable Forks Volunteer Ambulance Service, 3 to 7 p.m.
• Friday, August 15, Plattsburgh Fire Department, Cornelia Street, Noon to 4 p.m.
• Monday, August 18, Champlain Knights of Columbus Hall, 3 to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 19, Country Malt, Champlain, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 19, Rouse Point Fire Department, 3 to 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 20, Alice Hyde Medical Center, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday, August 21, AM VETS Whippleville Road, Malone, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Monday, August 24, Keene Valley Neighborhood House, 3 to 6 p.m.
• Monday, August 24, West Chazy Fire Department, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, August 28, Essex County Department of Social Services Elizabethtown, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Thursday, August 28, Burke Amish Group, 4 to 8 p.m.
• Friday, August 28, NYS Department of Conservation in Ray Brook, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years of age. The minimum weight requirement is 110 lbs. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days). Apheresis (red blood cell donation) donations can occur every 16 weeks.
The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center is located in the CVPH Health Plaza. It’s open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome however those interested in apheresis donation should call 518.562.7406 to make an appointment. More information and a complete listing of upcoming drives can be found here.
About CVPH Medical Center
CVPH Medical Center, a subsidiary of Community Partners, Inc. (CPI), is a private, not-for-profit hospital providing top quality health care to the people of the North Country. Established in 1967 with the merger of Champlain Valley and Physicians Hospitals, CVPH Medical Center is now the largest employer and health provider in Clinton, Essex and Franklin counties. Services include an award winning cardiac services program, accredited cancer center, freestanding ambulatory surgery center, comprehensive rehabilitation services and a 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Care Center. In 2012, CPI joined Fletcher Allen Partners, a four-hospital system working together to provide better access to high-quality, cost-effective care for patients. Member hospitals include Fletcher Allen Health Care, Central Vermont Medical Center (CVMC), CVPH Medical Center (CVPH) and Elizabethtown Community Hospital (ECH).
CVPH Medical Center is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, accredited by the Joint Commission licensed by New York State and Medicare/Medicaid Approved. Learn more at www.cvph.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.