We know that for many patients, visitors are therapeutic and extremely helpful. In order to help foster the best healing environment possible, we ask that you be respectful and sensitive of all patients, particularly if you are visiting someone in a semi-private room. No children under the age of 12 should visit inpatients in our facility. No more than 2 visitors at any given time are allowed in a patient room. There are several areas within the hospital where additional vistors can wait:
- The Surgical Patient Family Waiting Area (2nd floor)
- ICU waiting area (2nd floor)
- The Cafeteria (1st floor)
- The Lobby (1st floor)
VISITING HOURS FOR MOST UNITS
UNIT SPECIFIC VISITING HOURS
- Mental Health Units
- 6 to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- Alice T. Miner Center for Women & Children Effective February 10 through May 9: No children under the age of 16 are permitted to visit
• Maternal and Paternal Grandparents - 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Significant other - 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Labor Coach - 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Intensive Care Unit
- Around the clock; length of visits determined by patient condition
- Emergency Care Center
- One visitor per patient
- No one under the age of 12
OVERNIGHT VISITOR GUIDELINES
After normal visiting hours, all visitors will be required to stop and sign in at the Switchboard, in order to obtain a visitor pass. The unit the visitor wishes to visit will be contacted to authorize the visitor. Security will then be contacted to escort the visitor to the unit of their destination.
No visitor will be allowed up to the nursing units without prior authorization from appropriate staff.
GENERAL OVERNIGHT VISITATION RULES
CVPH Medical Center maintains the right to refuse any visitor if they are determined to be a potential threat to Medical Center safety or security.
For courtesy to patients on special diets; food should only be consumed by visitors in the cafeteria, located on the first floor.
Visitors may only be on the floor they are signed in for and the Main Lobby/Cafeteria areas. Those found in other areas or floors will be escorted out for the remainder of the night.
GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS
- Except under special circumstances, please comply with visiting hours.
- Please, no more than two visitors at a time, particularly in semi-private rooms.
- If the patient's door is closed, knock before entering.
- For the best possible healing environment, be as quiet as possible.
- Because patients tire easily and rest is extremely helpful to their recovery, please limit the length of visits.
- If you do not feel well and may have a contagious disease such as a cold or flu, please do not visit. Patients are particularly vulnerable.
- Please cooperate if you are asked to step out of a room momentarily by a physician, nurse or other health-care provider.
- Because some patients are on a special diet and/or are fasting before a test or procedure, please check with a nurse before providing food for a patient.
- If a room is marked "Isolation," please do not enter before discussing the necessary precautions with the nursing staff.
HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT CVPH
- If you are hungry, The Garden, the CVPH cafeteria located on the first floor, is open daily from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. Visitors are welcome. There are also vending machines available in The Garden and near the Emergency Care Center.
- There is an ATM machine in the main lobby.
- Cell phones may be used at CVPH in lobbies, solariums and other non-patient care areas.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Medical Center grounds.
- Should you choose to stay at a local hotel because of a patient at CVPH, contact Patient Registration staff about getting a list of establishments offering special discounts.
- The Gift Shop is located on the first floor and offers an extensive variety of gift ideas, flowers, candies and newspapers. The Gift Shop is open seven days a week.