CVPH Wellness Center at PARC
Located at 295 New York Road, this facility offers Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy in one convenient location. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM for Physical Therapy and 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM three days a week for Occupational Therapy. The Speech-Language Pathologist is available as needed several days a week. The PARC Rehab staff utilizes the best exercise equipment available to improve movement, strength, endurance, and function in order to assist patients back to their optimal level of activity. The therapists also rely on the use of manual techniques to manipulate tissue to achieve pain control, tissue healing and greater flexibility. Our PARC location specializes in therapy for children and has a room equipped for this purpose.
Services offered at the CVPH Wellness Center at PARC
- Aquatic Therapy - rehabilitation in heated pool
- Athletic Rehabilitation - sports injuries
- McKenzie Treatment - for back, neck and extremity problems
- Vestibular and Balance Therapy - for people with dizziness and balance issues
- Lymphedema Treatment - specialized technique to rid your extremities of fluid buildup after surgery, mastectomy etc.
- Saebo Arm Training - use of an orthotic device to retrain arm function after a stroke
- Wheelchair and Seating Evaluations - evaluating needs for wheelchair or adaptations to existing chair
- Prosthetic and Orthotics Evaluation and Training - working with patient with a limb amputation to regain function and use an artificial limb
- Pediatric Treatment - a different focus tailored to children
- Language, Swallowing and Cognitive Rehabilitation - including making arrangements for a Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study to be completed as an outpatient at the hospital
- Certified Hand Therapist – for injuries and surgery to fingers, hands and arms
- Craniosacral Therapy – a gentle hands on technique to work with spine, skull and fascia to reduce pain and restore function
- Myofascial Release – manual technique to work with the tissues of the body to loosen tightness caused from trauma and illness
- Pelvic Floor Treatment – designed to provide pain relief and restore function for those suffering from incontinence, pelvic pain etc. Treatment in private room.
- Transition Program – after discharge from therapy, this program lets you continue your exercises using the Wellness Center at PARC facilities for 4 weeks at a reduced cost compared to membership. The Wellness staff and the Rehab staff work together to ensure a seamless move.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Services - Our therapists will evaluate you on the request of your physician and recommend a treatment based on what you were doing before your illness and on your current function. The plan will be tailored to your particular situation and need. Our inpatient services are available 7 days a week. The inpatient rehab team offers, in conjunction with CVPH nursing and case management staff, a free class for patients who are scheduled for a Total Hip or Total Knee Replacement. For details, call 562-7599 or click on the link below. link to more info about TJREP. The rehab team offers both individual and group treatments at the Joint Camp. For more information about the Joint Camp, please click here.