Rehabilitation Services at Tom Miller Road
Our newest clinic is located at 179 Tom Miller Road, near the back entrance to the mall. This facility offers Physical and Occupational Therapy.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 7 am. to 5:30 p.m. for Physical Therapy and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for Occupational Therapy. The staff utilizes the best exercise equipment available to improve movement, strength, endurance and function in order to assist patients back to their optimal level of activity. The therapists also rely on the use of manual techniques to manipulate tissue to achieve pain control, tissue healing and greater flexibility.
Specialty programs offered at TMR:
- Aquatic Therapy - rehabilitation in heated pool
- Athletic Rehabilitation - sports injuries
- McKenzie Treatment - for back, neck and extremity problems
- Vestibular and Balance Therapy - for people with dizziness and balance issues
- Lymphedema Treatment - specialized technique to rid your extremities of fluid build up after surgery, mastectomy etc.
- Saebo Arm Training - use of an orthotic device to retrain arm function after a stroke
- Wheelchair and Seating Evaluations - evaluating needs for wheelchair or adaptations to existing chair
- Prosthetic and Orthotics Evaluation and Training - working with patient with a limb amputation to regain function and use an artificial limb
- Transition Program - after discharge from therapy, this program lets you continue your exercises using the Wellness Center at Parc facilities for 4 weeks at a reduced cost compared to membership. The Wellness staff and the Rehab staff work together to ensure a seamless move.
Our staff works closely with area physicians to provide the best treatments possible for patients.
Appointments can be made for either facility by calling 562 – 4616. When you call, one of our team members will be happy to make arrangements for your first visit. All we need is a prescription for rehab from your physician and your personal/insurance information.
We accept Medicare, NYS Medicaid, Worker's Compensation, No Fault, and most commercial insurance carriers. We will obtain authorization from your insurance company as needed after your first visit with us. You will be asked to provide the co – pay set by your insurance carrier at each visit. Please note that it is your responsibility to know what your insurance will and will not pay for. You will be billed for the part that your insurance does not pay for.
For your first visit, please bring your insurance card, the referral from your physician, your co – pay, and any other pertinent medical information you might have. If you will be receiving therapy for your hip, knee, or lower leg it is recommended that you bring a pair of shorts to change into.
We ask that you arrive 15 minute early for your initial visit in order to complete some paperwork. We also ask that you complete the registration process over the phone prior to the day of your visit, by calling 562 – CARE (2273)