Quality & Outcomes
We are committed to delivering exemplary cardiac care to our patients, embracing the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art services, provided by the highest quality team of health care professionals, dedicated to putting the patient first.
The cardiovascular program at CVPH will be the clinical program of choice in Northern New York, promoting care of exceptional quality, uncompromising standards, and outstanding value. These premier clinical services will be provided with dignity and compassion in a professional environment that promotes respect, trust and excellence. An emphasis will be placed on the development of nationally recognized surgical and invasive services with the goal of providing comprehensive cardiovascular care for the residents of Northern New York.
Accreditation, Awards and Affiliations
Quality has long been a bedrock value of the cardiovascular program at CVPH. Outstanding physicians and employees with a commitment to continuing education and improvement have been recruited to staff the service. The highest standards have been established and we routinely benchmark how we are doing with hospitals across the United States. However, perhaps nothing highlights the program's success more than the findings and awards of HealthGrades.
HealthGrades is a unique award-winning quality information service that accurately and objectively grades the performance of U.S. healthcare providers. It rates hospitals in specific services by assessing the national outcomes data that is collected on all hospitals by the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This data is put through a rigorous statistical analysis that is risk-adjusted, so to ensure a fair apples-to-apples comparison of providers.
HealthGrades has found CVPH to be one of the top programs in the United States for heart care. Recent awards include the following:
- One of America’s Top 100 Hospitals for Cardiac Care; 2014
- One of America’s Top 100 Hospitals for Coronary Intervention; 2012-2014
- Recipient of Coronary Intervention Excellence Award; 2008-2014
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures; 2012-2014
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for overall Cardiac Services; 2014
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures; 2008-2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures; 2008-2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack; 2014
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure; 2014