Rehabilitation ServicesOutpatient Services
CVPH Rehabilitation Services has three outpatient clinics, located at 179 Tom Miller Road, 295 New York Road, and 16 Degrandpre Way. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to5:30 p.m. for Physical Therapy and 8:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. for Occupational Therapy. The Speech-Language Pathologist is available as needed three days a week. The Rehab staff utilizes the best exercise equipment available to improve movement, strength, endurance and function in order to assist patients back to their optimal level of activity. The therapists also rely on the use of manual techniques to manipulate tissue to achieve pain control, tissue healing and greater flexibility.
Specialty programs offered:
- Aquatic Therapy: Rehabilitation in heated pool
- Athletic Rehabilitation: Sports injuries
- McKenzie Treatment: Back, neck and extremity problems
- Pediatric Treatment: A different focus tailored to children
- Lymphedema Treatment: A specialized technique to rid your extremities of fluid build up after surgery, mastectomy etc.
- Saebo Arm Training: Use of an orthotic device to retrain arm function after a stroke
- Language: Swallowing and cognitive rehabilitation, including making arrangements for a Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study to be completed as an outpatient at the hospital
- Clinical Integration: While participating in outpatient rehab, you may use the Wellness Center at PARC free of charge
- Transition Program: After discharge from therapy, this program lets you continue your exercises using the Wellness Center at PARC facilities for 6 weeks at a reduced cost compared to membership. The Wellness staff and the Rehab staff work together to ensure a seamless move.
- Certified Hand Therapist: For injuries and surgery to fingers, hands and arms
- Craniosacral Therapy: A gentle hands on technique to work with spine, skull and fascia to reduce pain and restore function
- Myofascial Release: Manual technique to work with the tissues of the body to loosen tightness caused from trauma and illness
- Pelvic Floor Treatment: Designed to provide pain relief and restore function for those suffering from incontinence, pelvic pain etc.
- Vestibular Therapy: Specific evaluation and treatment for people with vertigo
Our staff works closely with area physicians to provide the best treatments possible for patients.
Appointments can be made for any of the facilities by calling 562 – 4616. When you call, one of our team members will be happy to make arrangements for your first visit. All we need is a referral from your physician and your personal information.
We accept private pay, Medicare, NYS Medicaid, Worker's Compensation, No Fault and most commercial insurance carriers. We will obtain authorization from your insurance company as needed. You will be asked to provide the co – pay set by your insurance carrier prior to each visit.
For your first visit, please bring your insurance card, the referral from your physician, your co - pay and any other pertinent medical information you might have. If you will be receiving therapy for your hip, knee or lower leg it is recommended that you bring a pair of shorts to change into.
We ask that you arrive 15 minute early for your initial visit in order to complete some paperwork. We also ask that you complete the registration process over the phone prior to the day of your visit, by calling 562 – CARE (2273).
Our therapists will evaluate you on the request of your physician and recommend a treatment based on what you were doing before your illness and on your current function. The plan will be tailored to your particular situation and need. Our inpatient services are available 7 days a week.
The inpatient rehab team offers, in conjunction with CVPH nursing and case management staff, a free class for patients who are scheduled for a Total Hip or Total Knee Replacement. For details, call 562-7599 or click on the link below. link to more info about TJREP
The rehab team offers both individual and group treatments at the Joint Camp. For more information about the Joint Camp, please click here.