The main hospital sits on a plush 45-acre campus complete with ponds and walking paths.
Our new lobby design has received national acclaim.
Our new surgical suite offers nine state-of-the art operating rooms.
Our resident alpacas honor our region's strong agrarian past.
The Post- Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) in our new surgical suite.
All of our inpatient acute rooms are private, offering a quieter environment in which to heal.
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) is part of a six-hospital network serving patients and their families in northern New York and Vermont. We’re not just caregivers and staff - we're your friends and neighbors, offering expertise and compassionate care when and where you need them. We're dedicated to providing you with the best medical care possible in an environment that supports your health and healing. That's what we call the heart and science of medicine.
Quick Facts About CVPH
Our Patients & Families
- 300 inpatient beds
- All inpatient acute rooms are private
- 54 skilled nursing residents in our Skilled Nursing Facility
- An average of 25 admissions per day
- Approximately 775 outpatients cared for daily
- More than 160 physicians on our Medical Staff
- Approximately 160 advanced practice nurses and physician assistants
- More than 700 registered nurses
- More than 2,300 employees
- More than 300 volunteers
- Residencies and Training Programs include:
We’re proud to offer a full-spectrum of health care services to our rural communities in Northern New York to keep care as close to home as possible. These services include:
- 24-Hour Emergency Care Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular services
- FitzPatrick Cancer Center
- Joint Care Center
- Progressive Women & Children’s Center
- Integrative Therapy for our employees and patients
- Two primary care clinics including Family Medicine Center
- More than 20 patient care sites and more than 10 outreach clinics, programs and services throughout northern New York
Available upon request.
Licensures & Accreditations
- Licensed by New York State
- Approved by Medicare and Medicaid
- The Joint Commission
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission – Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography
- American College of Surgeons (Oncology)
- American College of Radiation Oncologists (ACRO)
- American Association of Blood Banks
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)