Ways to Get Care
We're here for you. Get the care you need—when you need it.
Safely delivering care has always been at the core of our mission and never has that been more important than now. With the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions by adjusting some of the ways we provide care in person as well as expanding access to remote care options.
For your peace of mind, we offer additional ways for you receive care.
Ways You Can Receive Care
Video and Phone Visits
- Video Visits: A video visit is a secure video appointment between you and your provider using a computer (with video camera and microphone), tablet or smartphone. Both you and the provider are able to see, hear and speak to each other about your health concerns and care, just as you would during an in-office visit. Your provider can also submit any required prescriptions to your pharmacy and help to coordinate necessary follow-up. Contact your provider or care team by phone or through MyChart to determine if a video visit is an option for your needs. Learn more.
- Telephone Visits: For some health visits or follow-up needs, an appointment by phone with your provider may be appropriate. Contact your provider or care team by phone or through MyChart to determine if a telephone visit is an option for your needs.
- MyChart: If you have a MyChart account and your provider currently participates, you can send messages, request and manage appointments, request prescription renewals, access test results and more. Login to your MyChart account or create a new account here.
When you arrive for in-person visits, you will notice additional safety precautions. We are conducting health screenings at our open entrances to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our patients and staff and route anyone with respiratory complaints safely to care. To encourage proper social distancing, we have fewer chairs in our waiting rooms, and you’ll notice floor markings to help with social distancing. In some cases, your car will be the new “waiting room.” You will check in by phone and be taken directly to the exam room. To help limit the number of patients that come to our facility at any one time and reduce waiting times, we’re scheduling some services that before COVID-19, you could receive without an appointment. Additionally, we require the appropriate use of personal protective equipment, such as masks by all staff and patients and have also implemented additional cleaning measures.
- Scheduled Visits: In-person visits are being scheduled when deemed necessary. Precautions are in place to support the safety and comfort of both our patients and people. Contact your provider’s ofﬁce to discuss your health needs.
- Emergency Care: For emergency health needs, our Emergency Department, located on our Main Campus, 75 Beekman Street in Plattsburgh, remains open 24/7. Precautions and visitation policies are in place to support the safety and comfort of both patients and staff.
Don’t Delay Your Health Needs or Ignore Your Wellbeing
This COVID-19 pandemic has not put an end to strokes, heart attacks, cancer, diabetes or mental health and it won’t prevent a broken arm. Contact your provider’s office with any health questions or concerns and please remember, if you’re in need of emergent care, our Emergency Department is always open and ready to help. Please don’t delay seeking care – your health is too important.