Clinical Assistant Program
Become part of the patient care team as a Clinical Assistant and earn while you learn.
Earn While You Learn
We are looking for dedicated colleagues who want to be part of a dynamic team that takes great pride in their work and sees a career in health care as an opportunity to grow while caring for their community. Our Clinical Assistant (CA) Program trains qualified applicants to take their place on our patient care team as a CA. You’ll earn while you learn because you’ll be paid $16.85 an hour as you develop the skills and confidence to care of our patients.
Take the next step down a rewarding career path by applying today.
Upcoming Class Start Dates
- November 28, applications due by November 7
- January 16
- March 6
The Clinical Assistant Program is a 6 week course held Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at CVPH. It includes 240 hours of classroom instruction and clinical rotations with hands on training experience.
- A choice of vacant Clinical Assistant positions on a variety of nursing units
- A Clinical Assistant hourly wage ($18.20 / hour)
- $4,000 sign on bonus
- A robust total rewards package
Additional Incentives Offered at CVPH
Once you become a CA, you will enjoy a total rewards package that recognizes your contributions to our mission and supports your desire for a great work-life balance, including:
- Competitive Wages and Benefits
- Employer Contributions to 403B, Generous 1199 SEIU Retirement
- Sizeable Wage Increases for 1199SEIU (over the next year)
- Tuition Assistance & Support
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Health Care Options
- Educational Opportunities
- Simulation Lab
- Recognition Programs
What is a Clinical Assistant?
Clinical Assistants are an integral part of hands-on patient care. Working under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, they have the ability to take and record vital signs, perform designated tests and collect patient samples, and support patients in all activities of daily living. CAs meet patients and their families as they enter the unit, welcoming and acclimating them to the unit. As a CA, you will interact with unit staff, physicians, and other hospital department personnel. It is critical that CAs provide timely and accurate communication, accurate documentation and maintain a harmonious, team oriented, customer friendly environment. You must be able to function competently in a computerized medical setting.
Requirements for Course Completion
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in customer service and people skills preferred
- Must demonstrate competency of all components of current CA competencies and criteria
- Attend all classroom sessions (may not be absent in excess of 1 day not related to hospitalization, COVID+ diagnosis, or death of immediate family member during entire 6 week program)
If you have questions about the program or need assistance filling out the application, call (518) 562-7180.