New Nurse Residency Program at CVPH
Our Nurse Residency Program is designed to help you with all of the many challenges facing you as a new nurse including role transition, high performance expectations in a higher acuity setting and an increased level of accountability.
The program consists of 40 hours post-orientation over the course of your first year. The objectives are to provide a smoother transition from school to practice, develop clinical competence & confidence, promote professional involvement and growth and promote a healthy work environment.
Working with trained preceptors, you'll learn the routine of the unit, master organizational skills and become confident with the computer applications related to nursing documentation.
To achieve these objectives you will:
- Spend time on real practice challenge discussions
- Enhance your knowledge in a classroom setting
- Analyze case studies
- Gain hands on experience in our Simulation lab
- Learn through peer support discussions
- Have your questions answered by content experts
Stephanie Drown, MSN, RN-BC, M.Ed, CMSRN
Clinical Education Manager/Nurse Residency Manager
(518) 561-2000 ext. 5848