Cancer Support Groups & Services
A Holistic Approach to Cancer Care
At CVPH FitzPatrick Cancer Center, we take a multidisciplinary, holistic approach to cancer care. Working collaboratively, our goal is to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients.
Counseling, Educations & Referrals
An oncology social worker, is based at the FitzPatrick Cancer Center and provides counseling, information and referrals to hospital and community-based services and programs.
Stacey LaFave, MSW
FitzPatrick Cancer Center
Send an email
Breast Care Navigators
Having a trusted facilitator and guide by your side as you make your way through each phase of your breast care experience can be beneficial to men and women with breast health issues or concerns. Our Breast Care Navigators offer personalized support to you and your family.
Our Breast Care Navigators are trusted members of your support team who can:
- Help you better understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Refer you to resources to assist you in navigating your breast care appointments, and to a wide range of support groups
- Provide information on certified fitters to meet your post-surgical forms and apparel needs
There are also a number of support groups available should you and your family choose to participate:
- Treasure Chests – A breast cancer support group, Treasure Chests meets the second Wednesday of the month at 6 pm in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center.
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Patient and Family Support Group – This support group meets the 3rd Monday of the month at 6pm at the FitzPatrick Cancer Center.
- The Big C: A Group for Men With Cancer - This group meets the second Monday of the month at 6 pm at the FitzPatrick Cancer Center.
- Grief Support - This group meets the first Monday of the month at 6 pm in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center.
- Strive to Thrive - A Group for Women with Cancer - Find strength and hope among other women managing life during or after
treatment, no matter the type or stage of cancer. 2nd Tuesday of the Month from 6 to 8 p.m. in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center Waiting Room
Contact Stacey LaFave at 562-7534 or email@example.com for more information. Please call if attending the group for the first time.
There is no denying the role nutrition plays in fighting cancer. Registered dieticians from our Nutrition Services Department work with patients and their families to help meet specialized nutrition requirements and answer questions you may have diet and your therapy. People undergoing cancer therapy often experience a change in appetite, metabolic alternations or side effects from their treatment. Our dieticians can offer advice regarding appropriate diets for specific disease states, specialized nutrition supplements or strategies to optimize your food intake.