Held at CVPH Fitness & Wellness Center, Healthy-Steps is a therapeutic exercise and movement program designed to help you thrive.
Coronavirus: What you need to know
Get the latest hospital updates, including visitation policies, in response to the Coronavirus. Learn More
Healthy-Steps for Breast Cancer Survivors
Offering wellness programs for all breast cancer survivors regardless of health, age or ability level, Healthy-Steps improves overall wellness, range-of-motion, balance, strength and endurance as well as emotional well-being and self-image.
The goal of Healthy-Steps is to elevate quality of life through therapeutic exercise and movement - healing body, mind and spirit. The Healthy-Steps program was created by two physicians and a dance movement specialist to help breast cancer survivors:
- Regain range of motion
- Increase flexibility
- Improve physical balance
- Help reduce swelling from lymphedema
- Improve emotional well-being
- Promote positive self image
- Stabilize weight
Reducing Effects of Lymphedema
Lymphedema is a serious condition that can result in swelling, reduced energy and loss of mobility. Healthy-Steps can reduce many of the symptoms of lymphedema by reducing fluid build-up in affected tissues, leaving participants with improved mobility, increased energy and a more positive attitude.
Most patients do not develop lymphedema, but the Healthy Steps class can benefit you in many other ways as well.
Join us at the next Healthy-Steps program to experience:
- A one of a kind therapeutic program. Classes are one hour a week, for eight consecutive weeks. (You're welcome to attend again after you finish one program)
- The graceful movement, music and all the benefits from exercising with others who are in a similar situation
- Certified instructors share an innovative approach to health that addresses mind, body, and spirit
To participate in the next 8-week class, or for more information on the Healthy-Steps program, please call (518) 324-2024.
Wellness & Fitness Center
295 New York Road
Plattsburgh, NY 12903