Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital recognizes the importance of sharing the joy of the birth of your new baby with family and friends.
The staff at the Alice T. Miner Center for Women & Children recognizes that sharing the joy of the birth of your new baby with family and friends is important to you. While you are with us, we want to be sure you're getting the rest you need, are benefiting from the educational opportunities offered and are bonding with your new baby.
Please encourage your friends to refrain from visiting until you go home. We ask that only 2 adults visit with you in your room at one time. Our Visitors' Waiting Lounge offers a comfortable spot for other family members to wait.
- We welcome visitors to our area based on the new parent’s recommendations.
- We often will ask visitors to step out to allow the staff to care for mom, infant and dad.
- Our lactation consultant requires access to assist parents with successful breastfeeding.
- Quiet time is from 1pm – 3pm.
Labor, Delivery, Recovery
- Patient designated visitors are welcome unless that person’s presence infringes on other’s rights or is interfering with the patient's care.
- It’s recommended no more than 4 visitors at one time including coach and significant other.
- Coach and significant other having open access.
- Siblings of the newborn only will have open access.
- Access to the Nursery is restricted to mother and father/designated support person wearing identification bands.
- Only two visitors at a time.
- No children other than siblings of the newborn.
- In the event the newborn is sick, grandparents will be gowned and accompanied by the mother or support person wearing the identification band.