CVPH offers exceptional orthopedic care close to home from our team of skilled surgeons, providers and therapists.
CVPH Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Phone: (518) 561-5516
Fax: (518) 563-7421
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
Please Note: Our CVPH Orthopedics & Sports Medicine practice has moved to the second floor, Suite 201.
Please use the entrance under the green awning to the left of the 206 entrance.
High Quality Orthopedic Care. This Close.
We treat a wide range of injuries including:
- Achilles tendon tears
- ACL and PCL injuries
- Ankle injury
- Carpal tunnel
- Cubital tunnel
- Hamstring injuries
- Knee ligament, meniscus and cartilage injuries
- Overuse sports injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries (golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow)
- Runner’s knee or jumper’s knee
- Shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff injury
- Sprains and muscle strains
While the COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way some things look and feel at CVPH, providing you and your loved ones with the care you need is always our top priority. We are taking extra precautions by adjusting some of the ways we provide care, both in-person and remotely at Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. It is important to know what to expect when you are in our care. Below is a glimpse of the experience you can expect before, during and after your provider visit.
For anyone who had their appointment cancelled due to COVID-19, the office will call you to reschedule that appointment. However, if you have a pressing issue, do not hesitate to call (518) 561-5516 .
To streamline your visit and limit time spent in the waiting room, you may go through pre-registration before the appointment if you haven’t been seen in the last 4 months. That involves a phone call a few days ahead of the visit to verify some basic information about you and your insurance. This is similar to what you used to do in the waiting room before seeing your provider. The entire call will only last a few minutes.
The process is similar for same day appointments. Once the appointment is scheduled, you will be transferred to a representative for pre-registration.
Whether it’s in person, on the phone or via video, we are offering expanded access to ensure you get the care you need, when you need it. Orthopedics and Sports Medicine offers these options:
Please call our office to speak with a staff member about the different ways you can get care, or click here to learn more about each option.
When you arrive for your appointment, you’ll notice more precautions in place to support your health and comfort.
What you can expect:
- Check-in: To ensure a smooth process and avoid significant waiting times, we ask that you arrive promptly for your appointment. Once you arrive on campus, please call (518) 561-5516 to let us know you are here. We will then call you back when we have an exam room open so that you can get screened and come up for your appointment. If you have a mask, be sure to put it on before going into the building.
- Screening: You will enter 206 Cornelia Street for screening. A staff member will ask you a few screening questions to determine if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have any symptoms and get your temperature checked. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide one for you and help put it on.
- If you do not pass the screening: Don’t worry! We are taking every precaution to ensure you receive the care you need and minimize exposure to others. If necessary, your provider will be notified and will work directly with you to ensure your appointment is kept.
- If you pass: You will be instructed on where to go for your appointment.
- Exam Room: Once in the room, the nurse will go over basic information as usual, including medications and the reason for the visit. You will be asked to wash your hands before the provider sees you. Your provider will then visit with you.
- Check Out: Once the visit is complete and your provider leaves the room, you will head to the front desk to get checked out and schedule any follow-up visits.
- Billing: Any co-pays or other payments owed will be collected at the time of service.
What we will be doing:
- Masking: For everyone’s protection, we’re asking you to wear your mask while in our care, and we’ll be wearing masks, too.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Following CDC and New York State Department of Health Guidelines, we are cleaning and disinfecting exam rooms, front desk counters, check-out counters, waiting room furniture and patient bathrooms in between each patient visit. You may also notice we are cleaning common areas and wiping down surfaces more frequently throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: We are limiting the use of the waiting room as much as possible. We have also made changes to support safe social distancing of at least 6 feet. That includes fewer chairs and new floor markings to create a “circle of health” to help with appropriate distancing.
You may be accustomed to bringing a friend or loved one to your appointments. For the most up-to-date visitation policy at the hospital and our clinics, click here.
If you need a support person or driver to accompany you to the office, we ask that they wait in their vehicle or return at a specific time. We also ask that they be no more than 15 minutes away while you are with us. After your appointment, a staff member will bring you to the designated entryway to meet up with your support person outside the office.
If a support person needs to come inside the building with you for the appointment, that individual will also be screened and their contact information will be taken before you head up for the appointment. The support person must also wear a mask for the duration of the visit.