Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery
The UVM Health Network - CVPH Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery offers comprehensive plastic surgery services to treat a wide range of conditions. Our board certified and fellowship-trained plastic surgeon, James Motlagh, MD offers highly skilled, personalized care using the latest reconstructive and plastic surgery techniques.
Services include reconstructive surgeries to treat parts of the body affected by birth defects, injury, disease, infection and other surgeries, as well as cosmetic surgeries to help you achieve your personal best.
Plastic & Reconstructive Procedures & Treatments
- Breast Reduction (Male and Female)
- Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy
- Breast Augmentation and Lift
- Implant/Tissue Expander Reconstruction
- Nipple and Areola Reconstruction
Skin Cancer Reconstruction
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Traumatic Wound Correction
- Burn Treatment and Surgery
- Facial Trauma Procedures
- Laceration Repairs
- Muscle, Fascia, and Skin Flap Coverage
- Scar Revisions & Removal
About Our Program
Our team will make every step of the process as easy as possible so you'll know exactly what to expect. Our plastic surgeons are board-certified and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. Our team also includes a staff of skilled nurses and knowledgeable office staff who will make every effort to ensure your experience with us is the best it can possibly be.
Consultations for reconstructive plastic surgery can be made by your physician office.
Cosmetic Procedures & Treatments
- Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
- Arm Reshaping/Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Body Contouring After Major Weight Loss
- Body Lift
- Thigh Lift (Thighplasty)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Liposuction/Fat Reduction
- Revision Surgery After an Accident
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
- Eye Lift/Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Forehead Lift/Brow Lift
- Injectable Fillers (Juvederm)
- Jaw Repositioning
- Neck Lift (Lower Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Trauma Procedures
- Revision Surgery after an Accident
Appointments for Cosmetic Procedures
The first step in your treatment at CVPH is a cosmetic surgery consultation and medical evaluation. During this time, we'll discuss your goals and concerns and determine if you're a suitable candidate for plastic surgery.
An appointment for a cosmetic surgery consultation does not require a referral.
Please call (518) 562-7771 to schedule your consultation.
- For the first cosmetic consult there is an initial fee of $125 paid at the time of your first visit.
- Intake paperwork will be completed upon your arrival.
- Your provider will review your intake paperwork and medical history with you and discuss your goals and expectations for the surgery or procedure.
- The first consultation will take 30-60 minutes.
- You should be aware that not everyone is a good candidate for surgery
While the COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way some things look and feel at CVPH, providing you and your loved ones with the care you need is always our top priority. We are taking extra precautions by adjusting some of the ways we provide care, both in-person and remotely. It is important to know what to expect when you are in our care. Below is a glimpse of the experience you can expect before, during and after your provider visit.
Talk to your primary care provider about getting a referral or scheduling a procedure.
To streamline your visit and limit time spent in the waiting room, you may go through pre-registration before the appointment if you haven’t been seen in the last 4 months. That involves a phone call a few days ahead of the visit to verify some basic information about you and your insurance. This is similar to what you used to do in the waiting room before seeing your provider. The entire call will only last a few minutes.
The process is similar for same day appointments. Once the appointment is scheduled, you will be transferred to a representative for pre-registration.
Whether it’s in person, on the phone or via video, we are offering expanded access to ensure you get the care you need, when you need it. Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery offers these options:
- Video Visits (mostly for follow-ups, as deemed necessary by the physician)
- Scheduled In-Person Visits
When you arrive for your appointment, you’ll notice more precautions in place to support your health and comfort.
What you can expect:
- Arrival: To ensure a smooth process and avoid significant waiting times, we ask that you arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. You will need to enter through the FitzPatrick Cancer Center.
- Screening: Once you enter the cancer center, a representative at the checkpoint will ask you a few screening questions to determine if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have any symptoms and get your temperature checked. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide one for you and help put it on.
- If you do not pass the screening: Don’t worry! We are taking every precaution to ensure you receive the care you need and minimize exposure to others. We suggest you call your primary care provider to determine the next steps you should take.
- If you pass: Come on down for your appointment.
- Exam Room: Once in the room, the nurse will go over basic information as usual, including medications and the reason for the visit. You will be asked to wash your hands before the provider sees you. Your provider will then visit with you.
- Check Out: Once the visit is complete and your provider leaves the room, you can head to the front desk to get checked out and schedule any follow-up visits.
- Billing: Any co-pays or other payments will be collected at the time of service.
What we will be doing:
- Masking: For everyone’s protection, we’re asking you to wear your mask while in our care, and we’ll be wearing masks, too.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Following CDC and New York State Department of Health Guidelines, we are cleaning and disinfecting exam rooms, front desk counters, check-out counters, waiting room furniture and patient bathrooms in between each patient visit. You may also notice we are cleaning common areas and wiping down surfaces more frequently throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: We are limiting the use of the waiting room as much as possible. We have also made changes to support safe social distancing of at least 6 feet. That includes fewer chairs and new floor markings to create a “circle of health” to help with appropriate distancing.
You may be accustomed to bringing a friend or loved one to your appointments. For the most up-to-date visitation policy at the hospital and our clinics, click here.
If you need a support person or driver to accompany you to the office, we ask that they wait in their vehicle or return at a specific time. We also ask that they be no more than 15 minutes away while you are with us. After your appointment, you can meet up with your support person outside the FitzPatrick Cancer Center.
If a support person needs to come inside the building with you for the appointment, that individual will also be screened before entering the building and must wear a mask for the duration of the visit.