Family Medicine Center Now Accepting Pediatric Patients
Call (518) 314-3939 to learn about the easy process in scheduling your child’s first appointment.
Dr. Manal El Daouk, OB/GYN is accepting new patients.
Call (518) 314-3939 to learn about scheduling an appointment with Dr. El Daouk.
The Family Medicine Center - Quality care for every age, at every stage
One practice and one location for your whole family and your partner for better health at every stage of life.
Family Medicine Center Expands Hours
We're now open Saturday's from 8am - Noon for scheduled visits and sick appointments. Call the Family Medicine Center at (518) 314-3939 to schedule your appointment.Read More
While the COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way some things look and feel at CVPH, providing you and your loved ones with the care you need is always our top priority. We are taking extra precautions by adjusting some of the ways we provide care, both in-person and remotely at the CVPH Family Medicine Center. It is important to know what to expect when you are in our care. Below is a glimpse of the experience you can expect before, during and after your provider visit.
For anyone who had their appointment cancelled due to COVID-19, the office will call you to reschedule that appointment. However, if you have a pressing issue, do not hesitate to call (518) 314-3939 Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To streamline your visit and limit time spent in the waiting room, you may go through pre-registration before the appointment if you haven't been seen in the last 4 months. That involves a phone call a few days ahead of the visit to verify some basic information about you and your insurance. This is similar to what you used to do in the waiting room before seeing your provider. The entire call will only last a few minutes.
The process is similar for same day appointments. Once the appointment is scheduled, you will be transferred to a representative for pre-registration.
Whether it’s in person, on the phone or via video, we are offering expanded access to ensure you get the care you need, when you need it. The CVPH Family Medicine Center offers these options:
Please call our office to speak with a staff member about the different ways you can get care, or click here to learn more about each option.
When you arrive for your appointment, you’ll notice more precautions in place to support your health and comfort.
What you can expect:
- Check-in: To ensure a smooth process and avoid significant waiting times, we ask that you arrive promptly for your appointment. If you arrive early, you may be asked to wait in your car until the exam room opens up. A staff member may then call you (if you have a cell phone) when a room is free or come out and get you. You will go inside the main entrance of the building and head to the office for screening. If you have a mask, be sure to put it on before going into the building.
- Screening: Once you enter the double doors of the office, a representative at the desk immediately in front of the doors will ask you a few screening questions to determine if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have any symptoms and get your temperature checked. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide one for you and help put it on.
- If you do not pass the screening: Don’t worry! We are taking every precaution to ensure you receive the care you need and minimize exposure to others. If necessary, your provider will be notified and will work directly with you to ensure your appointment is kept.
- If you pass: You will be handed a sheet of paper verifying you passed the screening and a nurse will take you directly to an exam room if one is immediately available. If an exam room is not immediately available, you may be taken to the waiting room for no more than a few minutes. If the wait is longer, you may be asked to go back to your car. A staff member will be sent out to get you when a room is available.
- Exam Room: Once in the room, the nurse will go over basic information as usual, including medications and the reason for the visit. You will be asked to wash your hands before the provider sees you. Your provider will then visit with you.
- Check Out: Once the visit is complete and your provider leaves the room, a staff member will get you checked out, schedule any follow-up visits and escort you to the exam area exit. At the desk in front of the office exit, a staff member will hand you a print out of your exam details, and you will leave the office through the double doors.
- Billing: Any co-pays or other payments owed will be handled over the phone or through the mail.
What we will be doing:
- Masking: For everyone’s protection, we’re asking you to wear your mask while in our care, and we’ll be wearing masks, too.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Following CDC and New York State Department of Health Guidelines, we are cleaning and disinfecting exam rooms, front desk counters, check-out counters, waiting room furniture and patient bathrooms in between each patient visit. You may also notice we are cleaning common areas and wiping down surfaces more frequently throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: We are limiting the use of the waiting room as much as possible. We have also made changes to support safe social distancing of at least 6 feet. That includes fewer chairs and new floor markings to create a “circle of health” to help with appropriate distancing.
You may be accustomed to bringing a friend or loved one to your appointments. For the most up-to-date visitation policy at the hospital and our clinics, click here.
If you need a support person or driver to accompany you to the office, we ask that they wait in their vehicle or return at a specific time. We also ask that they be no more than 15 minutes away while you are with us. After your appointment, a staff member will bring you to the designated entryway to meet up with your support person outside the office.
If a support person needs to come inside the building with you for the appointment, that individual will also be screened before entering the building and must wear a mask for the duration of the visit. Please call us at (518) 314-3939 to determine if a support person during the visit is appropriate.
Care for Your Whole Self and Your Whole Family
Now accepting pediatric and GYN patients. Click here to learn more.
One practice for any medical condition. One location for your whole family and your whole self. And one partner for better health at every stage of life. Our Family Medicine Center treats all of your health concerns. Based on personal history, family history and health risk factors, we can develop an individualized plan of care for every member of your family.
Located in downtown Plattsburgh, our Family Medicine Center's board certified physicians and nursing staff focus on keeping you and your loved ones healthy by offering:
- Comprehensive Health Care
- Primary Care
- Same Day Sick Visits
- Physical Examinations
- Welcome to Medicare Exams
- Wellness Visits
- Adult and Geriatric Medicine
- Women’s Health and Gynecology
- Infectious Disease
- Psychiatry & Mental Health Services
- Management of chronic problems
- Treatment of urgent or acute medical issues
- 24-hour intervention for existing patients when ill
For a complete, family-oriented approach to care, come to our Family Medicine Center. Join the family. Learn what you need to do to become a new patient by calling (518) 314-3939.
CVPH Family Medicine Center offers the following specialty services:
Dr. Manal El Daouk, believes a patient’s trust is earned through hard work. “My goal is to provide the highest quality evidenced-based gynecological care, and to always be available for every patient when needed for treatment or advice.”
Dr. El Daouk provides a full spectrum of women’s services and procedures.
- Yearly Gynecological exams
- Incontinence workup and management
- Menopausal and Osteoporosis management
- Birth control counseling
- STD testing and management
- Breast health and wellness services
- Treatment of abnormal Pap Smears
- Infertility work up and treatment
- Evaluation and treatment for menstrual disorders
You don’t have to be an existing patient of the Family Medicine Center to see Dr. El Daouk. Click here to learn more about Dr. El Daouk or call our practice at (518) 314-3939 to find out how you can become a patient of Dr. El Daouk’s.
Are you interested in being part of a clinical research study? Dr. El Daouk, Dr. Gabriel Sorbo and Dr. Joseph Rothstein are part of a nationwide clinical research effort to determine if uterine screenings should be an annual screening like mammograms or pap smears. You must meet certain requirements to be part of the study. Results are submitted to the American Institute for Cancer Research. Click here to see if you're eligible to participate or call Dr. El Daouk at (518) 314-3939.
Infectious Disease Clinics
The CVPH Family Medicine Center offers an Infectious Disease clinic to treat patients with HIV and Hep-C. A travel clinic is also available to persons traveling to other countries where specific immunizations will be required.
- Anonymous and confidential testing
- Follow up from inpatient care for newly diagnosed patients with HIV/AIDS and Hep C
- Counseling, preventive medicine and post-travel assessment for the international traveler
Call us at (518) 314-3939 to learn more about our HIV/AIDS Care Clinic, Hepatitis-C Clinic, and Travel Clinic.
Mental Health Services
Through collaboration with Clinton County Mental Health the CVPH Family Medicine Center offers Certified Mental Health Counseling Services.
Our Infectious Disease Specialists offer a travel clinic. If you are traveling out of the country and need vaccines/immunizations, please give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Please provide information as to the dates and where you will be traveling. Tell us about any other countries will you have a flight layover. We will review your travel destinations and advise you on what immunization requirements there are for the countries you will be in.
If you have a question or would like to request an appointment with one of our Family Medicine physicians, fill out the form below. Please be assured your submission is secured and confidential. Or call our Family Medicine Center at (518) 314-3939.*indicates required fields