As an organization that strives to be an excellent employer, we recognize the importance of providing employees with quality benefit plans. After all, the success of CVPH is a direct result of the effort and skill of our employees.
Eligibility for each program may be dependent on employment status, work schedule or other factors. The following is a brief summary of the benefit programs available to CVPH employees.
Health Insurance is available to all full-time and part-time employees. CVPH utilizes a high deductible health insurance plan and may contribute to employees’ related Health Savings Accounts.
Dental Insurance may be purchased by employees with pre-tax dollars. The SEIU 1199 union offers an additional plan option for their members.
Flexible Benefit Plan
The Flexible Benefit Plan is a program to help full and part-time employees defray the costs of health insurance premiums, qualified medical expenses and qualifying dependent (child or elder) care expenses. This Plan includes benefit dollars provided by the hospital, and an employee may make additional voluntary contributions to use for these costs.
CVPH provides Life Insurance (at 2x base compensation) and accidental death and dismemberment coverage for full and part-time employees. An employee may purchase supplemental lifeinsurance for him/herself, spouse, children and/or grandchildren.
Combined Time Off
Paid time off includes vacation, personal, sick and holiday (8 per year) time. Available amounts and accrual rates vary by position and longevity at the hospital. Additional leave categories include bereavement and jury duty.
NYSNA union, management and non-union employees: CVPH contributes a defined contribution amount to a supplemental tax deferred annuity (a 403(b) program); these employees may contribute further to the 403(b) with CVPH matching the contribution up to a set limit.
SEIU 1199 union employees: employees may contribute to the 403(b) program, and CVPH contributes to the SEIU 1199 union pension on behalf of these employees.
There are a number of funding avenues for employees to use to help cover the cost of further education. Contact Learning & Development for more information.
Garden Cafe Benefits
We take pride in providing our employees a variety of meal options, accommodations for their specific nutrition requests and a menu that boasts healthy and fresh. CVPH employees can take advantage of:
- A 25% discount when you pay with your badge
- Resuable mug discount - use any resuable mug for any beverage and only pay the 12oz price
- Picnics outside on the front lawn (weather permitting)
- Holiday themed meals
- Free dietary services(518) 314-3951
Other CVPH Employee Benefits
- RN referral program
- Discount on purchases at our on-site retail pharmacy. Click here for a complete price list.
- Payroll direct deposit
- CVPH Credit Union located right off the main lobby: checking and savings accounts, auto and personal loans are also available
- Wellness & Fitness Center discounted membership of $26
- Employee assistance service: a confidential and free service providing assistance with a broad range of issues that may be affecting an employee's life and work
- Public notaries are available on-site
- Gift Shop, located off the main lobby
- Free on-site parking
- Numerous wellness programs through Occupational Health & Wellness, including on-site Yoga, Meditation, 60-Day Walking Challenge, Financial Well-being month, Juniper Hill Farm and Mace Chasm Farm CSA share sign-up and farmers market, and so much more
- Onsite massages with licensed NYS massage therapists
- Nursing moms room
- Vendor discounts including Sam’s, Verizon, Dell, Whiteface Mountain (1-hour away), local movie theatre tickets, Six Flag’s Great Escape (1.5 hours away) and more
- On-site shopping options through visiting retailers (jewelry, clothing, gifts, shoes, etc.)
- Hospital-arranged group trips for shopping, theatre, and concerts
7:15 am - 4:30 pm weekdays