15th Anniversary Mayor's Cup Bike Ride
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE SAME DAY. ARRIVE AT LEAST 1/2 HOUR BEFORE THE RIDE TO REGISTER. (SHUTTLE SLOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE TO WHITEFACE FOR THE 50 MILE RIDE. THE SHUTTLE LEAVES THE CVPH PARKING LOT AT 7:30 A.M. SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.)
We are bringing back the 50 mile ride from Whiteface OR you can ride the 20 mile ride starting at CVPH!
(The riders starting at Whiteface will also be able to purchase a shuttle ride there for $10)
20 MILE RIDE: Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. – Medical Office Building parking lot at Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH). Riders under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. (Ride start is at 10 a.m.)
50 MILE RIDE: Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. at Whiteface Mountain. Riders under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Shuttle leaves CVPH parking lot at 7:30 a.m. for Whiteface. (Ride start is at 9 a.m.) Shuttle slots are limited as we only have seats for 62 riders. Please bring a blanket to protect your bike for the ride to Whiteface.
DIRECTIONS TO CVPH:
-from Hwy 87 north take exit 38 South; at your first stop light turn RIGHT onto Boynton Avenue; drive 0.6 miles and at the 2nd stop light on Boynton Avenue turn LEFT onto Prospect Street; in 0.6 miles turn LEFT onto Cornelia Street (there is a stop light); in less than 1/10th of a mile turn LEFT into the hospital grounds; take your 1st RIGHT and park in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center parking lots, unload your bike and go to the registration table to sign in.
-from Hwy 87 south bound take exit 38 South; then follow the directions as described above.
20 mile participants park in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center parking lots – parking lots in front of the hospital are reserved for visitors.
50 mile participants who are taking the shuttle to Whiteface (7:30 a.m. departure) – park in the upper back employee parking lot where the shuttle will be.
20 MILE RIDE START: FitzPatrick Cancer Center parking lot at 10 a.m. - click here to view the course directions
50 MILE RIDE START: Whiteface Mountain Parking lot at 9:00 a.m. - click here to view the course directions
END: FitzPatrick Cancer Center parking lot with a BBQ on the front lawn of hospital from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. for the riders. Family and friends can purchase a BBQ ticket for $8.00. For riders 21 and older, a local brewery will offer beer samples.
NOTE: Children under 18 must have parental consent. Bike helmets are mandatory for participation. Please sign the appropriate line on the bottom of the waiver.
- Bicycle helmets are mandatory for participation.
- Follow the posted signs at each turn.
- Please make sure the volunteers at the rest stops know that you have either stopped or that you went by.
- Respect the rules of the road. Ride single file PLEASE!!!
- Please carry sunscreen and two filled water bottles.
- There will be one rest stop for the 20 mile (AuSable Point), and two (Pepsi in Keeseville & AuSable Point) for the 50 mile.
- Last sag wagon sweep at 2:00 p.m. – if there are riders still out and choose not to be picked up by sag wagon, they are on their own. BBQ ends at 2 p.m.
- If you have any questions contact Michelle Senecal (518) 562-7169.