Learn about the vast Foundation programs and funds that your support impacts.
Gifts made to The Foundation fund a variety of special programs within the hospital and throughout the North Country community. Gifts can be given as general support for The Foundation (unrestricted) or may be donated for use by a specific department or program (restricted). Either way, you know that your contribution is being invested in important health and wellness initiatives.
Unrestricted gifts allow us to fund a variety of projects throughout the year. Whether a donation is made in memory of someone, in honor of someone, because you or a loved one received great care at the hospital -or- because you believe in our mission, your gift helps fund the following:
- Champlain Valley Family Medicine Residency - support of this vital program that will bring medical residents to our area to train and treat patients. Learn more about the Residency.
- Population Health Management – grants to community organizations who are working to better the health of our region.
- The Community Health Lecture Series - A series of community health lectures free and open to the public, check the Calendar of Upcoming Events for our next lecture.
- Patient Care Oriented Mini-Grants – More than $90,000 in mini-grants are distributed annually to UVM Health Network - CVPH departments to enhance patient care.
- Transitions Success Program – Meets the essential medical needs that a patient can’t otherwise afford in order to stay at home and not be admitted to the hospital, i.e. blood pressure cuffs, weight scale, nurse consultation, medication, etc.
- Diabetes Program – The Foundation provides funding to the diabetes support group and to bring in accomplished speakers.
- EXPLORE Program – a series of day-long educational sessions for healthcare professionals.
- Girls Night Out - An annual event held in October to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It is an evening of laughter and stress relief, which features a nationally renowned keynote speaker.