The Foundation has many scholarships awarded within the hospital and through our partnership with Clinton Community College.
High School Scholarship Opportunity
High School Scholarships are available to any graduating high school senior from Clinton or Essex County who has chosen a degree in a health care related field including, but not limited to nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, pharmacy, radiology school, EMT etc. Scholarship applications need to be completed in their entirety and received by the Scholarship Committee no later than April 18, 2023. We are asking each student to write a 100-200 word essay on why they wish to pursue a degree in the healthcare field and we are also asking for a copy of their high school transcript. Click here to apply. If you have any questions please email Karen Reid or speak with your high school guidance counselor. Awards will be given at your school's awards night or graduation.
Employee Scholarship Opportunity - current employees
Employee Education Scholarships are available to any CVPH employee who is seeking financial assistance with pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree, taking a course or continuing education that will improve and strengthen your role at CVPH. This grant is available for credit and non-credit courses and conferences. Scholarship applications need to be completed in their entirety and received by the Scholarship Committee no later than April 18, 2023. Click here for more information and to apply. If you have additional questions, please email Karen Reid. Our goal is to notify awardees by May 15, 2023. *See below for a list of Scholarships held by The Foundation of CVPH.
Educational Career Advancement Program (ECAP) - current employees
ECAP is available thanks to the generous support of The William H. Miner Foundation.
ECAP offers financial assistance for education in exchange for a commitment to work here after completion. It provides funds that may be used for tuition, fee and expense reimbursement. You may also be eligible to work part-time or per-diem, while in school and receive a stipend to supplement your income. This program is specifically for those pursuing high-need, hard-to-fill roles here. Click here to apply. For more information about eligibility and program specifics please email HRLearnDev@cvph.org. ECAP applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24, 2023. Our goal is to notifiy awardees by April 21, 2023. Click here to learn more about the initial ECAP announcement made in 2022 (dates do not apply to this application period).
*List of scholarships held by The Foundation of CVPH. They are awarded on an annual basis and through a variety of channels.
- Foundation Educational Grant Opportunity - Scholarships are awarded annually to CVPH employees who are furthering their role at CVPH and need support in going back to school, obtaining a certification or attending a conference.
- CVPH Nursing Scholarship – Established in order to support CVPH nurses going back to school to further their education.
- Kevin J. Carroll Scholarship – Provides educational assistance to CVPH employees seeking first level certification or licensure in a healthcare related field.
- Helen Lyons Family Scholarship - This scholarship is given to a CVPH employee going to nursing school. The family requests that the recipient be a parent that is going back to school.
- Karen H. Prevo Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship is given to a CVPH employee going to nursing school who loves the field of nursing as Karen did. Qualifying individuals will have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Pearl Hayes Douglas Scholarship - The Pearl Hayes Douglas Scholarship provides a $500 scholarship to a CVPH Patient Services staff member who is working towards the next step in their professional training.
- Stephanie Wheet Fund - Is a scholarship in memory of Stephanie Wheet for a deserving CVPH radiology school second year student.
- Adam Jarvis Scholarship - Is a scholarship in memory of Adam Jarvis that is awarded to a deserving CVPH radiology school second year student.
- John Weldon Scholarship– Is a scholarship which assists students pursuing a Nursing degree at Clinton Community College.
- Warren H. & Maria R. Olmsted Scholarship - Awarded through Clinton Community College, this scholarship is given annually to a nursing student.