Foundation Travel Funds
Travel funds are available to help eligible patients when they must travel for specialized care.
Coronavirus: What you need to know
Get the latest hospital updates, including visitation policies, in response to the Coronavirus. Learn More
If you would like to apply for assistance from any of these travel funds, please print and complete the application attaching any appropriate paperwork.
- April LaValley Fund
Assists patients diagnosed with cystic fibrosis that need to receive care out of the area. April was dubbed an ‘angel’ when winning the hearts of North Country residents and her wish was to help others also suffering from cystic fibrosis.
- CVPH Travel Fund
Assists adults who need to receive specialized medical care out of the area. The fund was established in 2001 by The Foundation Board of Directors.
- Melissa Lahtinen Penfield Fund
Provides assistance to organ transplant recipients and donors. WIRY and the Lahtinen and Penfield families created this fund to honor Melissa’s memory and legacy.
- Roger Senecal Fund
Assists income eligible families who have ill children and need to receive care out of the area. The outpouring of support that Roger received as a little boy in the 1980’s continues to make an impact even today.
Fund Eligibility & Criteria
Applications will be evaluated and approved by a committee appointed by The Foundation of CVPH. Financial need is the primary determinant upon which applications will be weighed - maximum annual household income is $60,000. The size of the grants are limited. Grants are awarded on an equal opportunity basis regardless of sex, color, race, creed or religion.
- Applicants must be residents of Clinton, Essex or Franklin Counties.
- The fund is intended to provide assistance to the patient and one travel companion.
- No healthcare expenses, medications or medical equipment will be funded.
- These funds assist with gas mileage, ferry tickets, lodging at a hotel recommended by the hospital and food.
- Reimbursement for food does not include alcohol and may not exceed $25 per day.
- Receipts must accompany all requests for fund reimbursement.