Many Opportunities to Give Blood In May
PLATTSBURGH, NY (04/27/2018) – The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center (NCRBDC) will conducted several community drives scheduled in May thanks to community-minded sponsors. Here is the upcoming schedule:
- Tuesday, May 1, Plattsburgh State University, Angell Center, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 2, Cumberland 12 Cinemas, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Friday, May 4, Saranac High School, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, May 7, Mountain Lake Services, Port Henry, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8, Chazy High School, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 9, Northern Adirondack High School, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, May 10, Mooers Fire Department, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 11, Massena Memorial Hospital, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 14, Saranac Lake High School, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 15, Westport High School, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17, Northern Insuring, Plattsburgh, 9 a.m. to Noon
- Monday, May 21, CVPH Auditoriums, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 22, Nicholville Fire Department, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 22, Brushton-Moira American Legion Post #939, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 23, Beekmantown High School, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, May 24, Eli’s Cabinet Shop, Burke, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 30, Alice Hyde Medical Center, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, May 31, Essex County Department of Social Services, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The NCBDC, located the CVPH Health Plaza at 85 Plaza Blvd, is open for donations Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Apheresis donors, however, are encouraged to make an appointment by calling (518) 562-7406.
During the Plattsburgh Family Health construction project at the Plaza, access to the Donor Center will be from the South Entrance (closest to State Route 3/I-87). Wayfinding signs have been installed and volunteers are available to assist patients. To get updates on construction and parking, go to UVMHealth.org/CVPHConstruction.
Blood collected by the NCRBDC stays in the North Country, helping hundreds of people in this region at hospitals in Plattsburgh, Elizabethtown, Malone, Massena, Saranac Lake and Glens Falls. The Donor Center depends on donors and sponsors to maintain an adequate supply of blood and blood products for the region. The generosity and dedication of both groups is the key to the success of the program.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years of age. The minimum weight requirement is 110 lbs. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. A valid ID is required. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days).
More information about sponsoring a drive and a complete listing of upcoming community drives can be found at UVMHealth.org/CVPH.
About Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital is a private, not-for profit hospital and a subsidiary of Community Providers Inc., (CPI). Established in 1967 with the merger of Champlain Valley and Physicians hospitals, CVPH joined Fletcher Allen Partners in 2012, which in 2014, became The University of Vermont Health Network. Together with its partners, Alice Hyde Medical Center, Central Vermont Medical Center, Elizabethtown Community Hospital and the University of Vermont Medical Center, CVPH provides high quality, cost effective care, close to home. Services include an award winning cardiac services program, accredited cancer center, freestanding ambulatory surgery center, comprehensive rehabilitation services and a 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Care Center. Governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, CVPH is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by New York State and Medicare/Medicaid approved. Learn more at UVMHealth.org/CVPH or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
About The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network is an academic health system that is comprised of six affiliate hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group, and a home health agency. We serve the residents of Vermont and northern New York with a shared mission: working together, we improve people’s lives. Our partners include:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Central Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Visiting Nurses Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties
Our 4,000 health care professionals are driven to provide high-quality, cost-efficient care as close to home as possible. Strengthened by our academic connection to the University of Vermont, each of our hospitals remains committed to its local community by providing compassionate, personal care shaped by the latest medical advances and delivered by highly