November North Country Regional Blood Donor Center Announced -Donor Center remains open during construction
For More Information Contact:
Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist
For Immediate Release
November North Country Regional Blood Donor Center Announced
Donor Center remains open during construction
PLATTSBURGH, NY (10/29/2018) – There are several North Country Regional Blood Donor Center (NCRBDC) blood drives open to the community in November. The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, November 1, Northern Insuring, Margaret Street, 9 a.m. to Noon
- Friday, November 2, NYS DEC Headquarters, Ray Brook, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 5, Elizabethtown Fire Department, hosted by American Legion Post #551, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 6, PSUC Angell Center, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 7, Jeffords Steel, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, November 8, Elks Club, Malone, 1:30 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, November 9, Clinton County ARC, New York Road, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, November 12, North Country Community College, Saranac Lake campus, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 13, Clinton Community College, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 14, Massena Memorial Hospital, 10:30am to 3:30pm
- Thursday, November 15, Eli’s Cabinet Shop, Burke, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Monday, November 19, Mountain Lake Services, Port Henry, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 19, Essex Fire Department, co-hosted by the Essex Masonic Lodge, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Monday, November 19, Champlain Catholic Men’s Club, hosted by the Champlain K of C, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 20, Nicholville Fire Department, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 20, Brushton-Moria American Legion Post #939, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 21, Alice Hyde Medical Center, Malone, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, November 26, CVPH, Miner Medical Arts Building 3rd Floor Lab conference room, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 27, Malone Fire Department, 3 to 7 p.m.
Blood collected by the NCRBDC stays in the North Country, helping hundreds of people in this region at hospitals in Plattsburgh, Elizabethtown, Malone, Massena, Saranac Lake and Glens Falls. The Donor Center depends on donors and sponsors to maintain an adequate supply of blood and blood products for the region. The continued generosity and dedication of both groups is vital to the success of the program.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years of age. The minimum weight requirement is 110 lbs. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. A valid ID is required. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days).
The NCBDC is located the CVPH Health Plaza at 85 Plaza Blvd. Regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Walk-ins are always welcome.
During the Plattsburgh Family Health construction project at the Plaza, access to the Donor Center will be from the South Entrance (closest to State Route 3/I-87). Wayfinding signs have been installed and volunteers are available to assist patients. To get updates on construction and parking, go to UVMHealth.org/CVPHConstruction.
Learn more about the North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, giving blood and becoming a sponsor at UVMHealth.org/CVPH or call (518) 562-7406.
About Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital is a private, not-for profit hospital and a subsidiary of Community Providers Inc., (CPI). Established in 1967 with the merger of Champlain Valley and Physicians hospitals, CVPH joined Fletcher Allen Partners in 2012, which in 2014, became The University of Vermont Health Network. Together with its partners, Alice Hyde Medical Center, Central Vermont Medical Center, Elizabethtown Community Hospital and the University of Vermont Medical Center, CVPH provides high quality, cost effective care, close to home. Services include an award winning cardiac services program, accredited cancer center, freestanding ambulatory surgery center, comprehensive rehabilitation services and a 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Care Center. Governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, CVPH is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by New York State and Medicare/Medicaid approved. Learn more at UVMHealth.org/CVPH or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
About The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network is an academic health system that is comprised of six affiliate hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group, and a home health agency. We serve the residents of Vermont and northern New York with a shared mission: working together, we improve people’s lives. Our partners include:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Central Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Visiting Nurses Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties
Our 4,000 health care professionals are driven to provide high-quality, cost-efficient care as close to home as possible. Strengthened by our academic connection to the University of Vermont, each of our hospitals remains committed to its local community by providing compassionate, personal care shaped by the latest medical advances and delivered by highly skilled experts.