April Community Blood Drives Announced -Adirondack Regional Blood Center Provides Blood for North Country
April Community Blood Drives Announced
Adirondack Regional Blood Center Provides Blood for North Country
PLATTSBURGH, NY (3/29/2019) – The Adirondack Regional Blood Center is conducting several blood drives open to the community in April. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 1, SUNY Plattsburgh, Angell Center, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 2, Liberty Tax, Main Street, Malone, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 3, North Country Community College, Ticonderoga, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, April 5, Plattsburgh High School, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, April 8, Peru Fire Department, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 9, Chazy High School, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 10, North Country Community College, Malone, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 12, Champlain Centre Mall, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Monday, April 15, Essex Fire Department, co-sponsor Masonic Lodge, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 17, Chazy American Legion Post #769, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 18, Black Brook Town Hall, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Monday, April 22, Champlain Catholic Men’s Club, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 23, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Headquarters, Ray Brook, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 24, Altona Fire Department, 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 24, South Plattsburgh Fire Department (Route 9 station) 4 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 26, Adirondack Medical Center, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, April 29, North Country Community College, Saranac Lake, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, Northeastern Clinton Central School, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years of age. The minimum weight requirement is 110 lbs. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. A valid ID is required. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days).
Blood collected by the Adirondack Regional blood Center stays in the North Country, helping hundreds of people in this region at hospitals in Plattsburgh, Elizabethtown, Malone, Massena, Saranac Lake and Glens Falls. The Donor Center depends on donors and sponsors to maintain an adequate supply of blood and blood products for the region. The continued generosity and dedication of both groups is vital to the success of the program.
The Donor Center is located at 85 Plaza Blvd. Regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Walk-ins are always welcome.
Learn more about the Adirondack Regional Blood Center, giving blood and becoming a sponsor at UVMHealth.org/GiveBlood or call (518) 562-7406.
About Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) is a private, not-for profit hospital in Plattsburgh, NY. Established in 1967 with the merger of Champlain Valley and Physicians Hospitals, CVPH joined Fletcher Allen Partners in 2012, which in 2014 became The University of Vermont Health Network. Together with its partner hospitals, the UVM Medical Group and a home health agency, CVPH provides high quality, cost effective care, close to home. Services include an award winning cardiac services program, accredited cancer center, freestanding ambulatory surgery center, comprehensive rehabilitation services and a 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Department. Governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, CVPH is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by New York State and Medicare/Medicaid Approved. Learn more at UVMHealth.org/CVPH or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
About The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network is an integrated system serving the residents of Vermont and northern New York with a shared mission: working together, we improve people’s lives. The partners are:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Central Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Home Health & Hospice
Our 4,000 health care professionals are driven to provide high-quality, cost-efficient care as close to home as possible. Strengthened by our academic connection to the University of Vermont, each of our affiliates remains committed to its local community by providing compassionate, personal care shaped by the latest medical advances and delivered by highly skilled experts.