Plastic Surgeon Discusses Reconstruction after Breast Cancer - Free CVPH Community Lecture presented by Dr. James Motlagh
- Plastic Surgeon Discusses Reconstruction after Breast Cancer
- Free CVPH Community Lecture presented by Dr. James Motlagh
PLATTSBURGH, NY (10/04/2019) - Reconstruction for the Breast Cancer Survivor, a free CVPH Community Lecture takes place Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the West Side Ballroom, 253 New York Road. The program will be presented by James Motlagh, MD, of CVPH Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Breast reconstruction after cancer is one way to restore both physical and emotional balance for women who have surgery as part of their treatment plan. Plastic surgery techniques have improved and now more than ever before, women have a variety of reconstruction options. Dr. Motlagh will provide an overview of these options discussing the numerous factors to consider and the role good communication plays in ultimately being pleased with the outcome.
Register online at UVMHealth.org/CVPHLecture or call the Communications and Engagement Strategies Department at (518) 562-7320.
About Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) is a private, not-for profit hospital in Plattsburgh, NY. Established in 1967 with the merger of Champlain Valley and Physicians Hospitals, CVPH joined Fletcher Allen Partners in 2012, which in 2014 became The University of Vermont Health Network. Together with its partner hospitals, the UVM Medical Group and a home health agency, CVPH provides high quality, cost effective care, close to home. Services include an award winning cardiac services program, accredited cancer center, freestanding ambulatory surgery center, comprehensive rehabilitation services and a 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Department. Governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, CVPH is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by New York State and Medicare/Medicaid Approved. Learn more at UVMHealth.org/CVPH or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
About The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network is an integrated system serving the residents of Vermont and northern New York with a shared mission: working together, we improve people’s lives. The partners are:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Central Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Home Health & Hospice