May Adirondack Regional Blood Center Drives Announced - CVPH program relies on generosity of donors, sponsors to supply blood for the North Country
The Adirondack Regional Blood Center, a program of the University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH), is conducting several blood drives open to the community this month.
Here are several opportunities to give blood:
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Ellenburg Fire Department, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, May5, Saranac Lake Rescue Squad, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 7, Clinton County Government Center, first floor meeting room, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Monday May 10, University of Vermont Health Network - Elizabethtown Community Hospital, Ticonderoga campus 1 to 4 p.m. Please call to make appointment for this event.
- Tuesday, May 11, Bloomingdale Fire Department, co-sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 12, Massena Village Neighborhood Center, Noon to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, May 13, Sons of the American Legion Post 1619, Morrisonville, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 14, Lowes, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, May 17, Saranac Fire Department, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 18, Hudson Headwaters North, Champlain, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday May 19, Altona Fire Department Auxiliary, 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday May 20, Ausable Knights of Columbus held at Holy Name Church Hall, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday May 26, University of Vermont Health Network - Alice Hyde Medical Center, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday May 27, Mooers Fire Department, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 28, CVPH Laboratory Conference Room, 214 Cornelia St, third floor, 10am-4pm
Blood donors are now registered electronically and should have their donor card or another form of identification with them to donate.
To protect the safety of the donors and the donor team during a community drive, a number of safety measures are in place. Donors undergo a COVID -19 screening and phlebotomists are able to limit close contact while still providing exceptional care. Phlebotomists and donors are masked and cots are placed an appropriate distance apart.
The Donor Center at 85 Plaza Blvd, is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Blood collected by the Adirondack Regional Blood Center stays in the North Country, helping hundreds of people in this region at hospitals in Elizabethtown, Plattsburgh, Malone, Massena, Saranac Lake and Glens Falls. Its success rests on the generosity of donors and sponsors.
Learn more about the Adirondack Regional Blood Center, giving blood and becoming a sponsor at UVMHealth.org/GiveBlood or call (518) 562-7406.
About Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) is a private, not-for profit hospital in Plattsburgh, NY. Established in 1967 with the merger of Champlain Valley and Physicians Hospitals, CVPH joined Fletcher Allen Partners in 2012, which in 2014 became The University of Vermont Health Network. Together with its partner hospitals, the UVM Medical Group and a home health agency, CVPH provides high quality, cost effective care, close to home. Services include an award winning cardiac services program, accredited cancer center, freestanding ambulatory surgery center, comprehensive rehabilitation services and a 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Department. Governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, CVPH is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by New York State and Medicare/Medicaid Approved. Learn more at UVMHealth.org/CVPH or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
About The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network is an integrated system serving the residents of Vermont and northern New York with a shared mission: working together, we improve people’s lives. The partners are:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network Medical Group
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Alice Hyde Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Central Vermont Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Elizabethtown Community Hospital
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center
- The University of Vermont Health Network – Home Health & Hospice
Our 4,000 health care professionals are driven to provide high-quality, cost-efficient care as close to home as possible. Strengthened by our academic connection to the University of Vermont, each of our affiliates remains committed to its local community by providing compassionate, personal care shaped by the latest medical advances and delivered by highly skilled experts.