Adirondack Regional Blood Center Seeks Donors
The Adirondack Regional Blood Center, a program of the University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH), is conducting several blood drives open to the community this month and asks all eligible donors to consider donating.
Here are several opportunities to give blood:
- Tuesday, April 5, Brushton-Moira American Legion Post #939, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7, Holy Name Church Center, AuSable Forks, hosted by AuSable Knights of Columbus, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 8, Clinton County Government Center, 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Monday, April 11, Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12, Ellenburg Knights of Columbus, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13, Hudson Headwaters North, Champlain, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 19, Morrisonville Ambulance Service, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, Keene Fire Department, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, April 22, Lowes Plattsburgh, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, April 25, Adirondack Medical Center Redfield Room, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26, Chateaugay American Legion, hosted by Sons of the American Legion, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 27, Chazy American Legion, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 28, Elizabethtown Community Hospital, Ticonderoga Campus, 1 to 4 p.m.
Blood donors are registered electronically and should have their donor card or another form of identification with them to donate. To protect the safety of the donors and the donor team during a community drive, a number of safety measures are in place. Donors undergo a COVID -19 screening and phlebotomists limit close contact while still providing exceptional care. Phlebotomists and donors are masked and cots are placed an appropriate distance apart.
The Donor Center at 85 Plaza Blvd, is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Blood collected by the Adirondack Regional Blood Center stays in the North Country, helping hundreds of people in this region. Its success rests on the generosity of donors and sponsors.
Learn more about the Adirondack Regional Blood Center, giving blood and becoming a sponsor at UVMHealth.org/GiveBlood or call (518) 562-7406.