CVPH is a New York State designated COVID-19 testing site and now offers three locations to receive a COVID–19 screening, depending on your individual needs.
Located within the CVPH Health Plaza, free testing is offered Wednesdays and Thursday from Noon to 2 p.m. to those without symptoms who meet specific criteria.
Who can get a COVID test at the Diagnostic Center?
You can be tested at this location if you:
- Have an occupational requirement (hairdressers, barbers)
- Are subject to precautionary or mandatory quarantine (by the health department)
- Are a health care worker, first responder or other essential worker who directly interacts with the public while working
- Meet the criteria set by the New York State Department of health based on where you live, work or other factors the Department deems relevant to COVID-19 testing.
- Have had close or proximate contact with a person known to be COVID positive.
- Have attended recent protests
What can I expect?
- Upon arrival to the Diagnostic Center (Suite 102, 89 Plaza Boulevard) you will:
- Be screened which includes having your temperature taken and answering questions about travel.
- Be asked complete a Consent to Test form and a Bio Reference Requisition form.
- Please complete, download and print the Bio Reference Requisition form. Be sure to bring it with you to the Diagnostic Center.
- Be asked to wait in the Center’s waiting area or in the hallway to support social distancing.
- Should more than 30 people report to the site for testing at one time, some may have to wait in their vehicles after leaving a contact number with the staff
- Be required to wear a mask.
- Be asked to return to your car right after your test.
The location has the capacity to test 50 people each day. Once your test is complete, you’ll be asked to return to your vehicle.
Getting Your Results
A letter containing your test result will be mailed to you via the United States Postal Service. Those who test positive for COVID-19 will receive a call from a hospital representative.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, your provider may prescribe a COVID-19 test. These tests are offered near the Emergency Department seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Remaining in your car, call (518) 562-7091 to register upon arrival. A member of the lab will call you and greet you in the ED entrance where you will be escorted into a designated collection area. Results obtained from the ordering provider.
Your results will be shared with your provider.