Getting tested for COVID-19 continues to be a critical public health tool in limiting the spread of the virus in our communities. Whether or not you are experiencing symptoms, CVPH is one of several providers ensuring access to testing across the region so that you can get the answers you need.
COVID-19 Testing Site | CVPH Main Campus
NEW: Updated 7/26/2021
Beginning Tuesday, July 27th, 2021, CVPH will be offering COVID-19 testing solely at its main campus, located at 75 Beekman Street in Plattsburgh. Testing will take place seven days a week during the following hours:
- Symptomatic patients: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Asymptomatic (not experiencing symptoms) and pre-procedure patients: Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday: 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, we are continuing to follow New York State Department of Health guidelines. Here is what you can expect when you arrive at the hospital to get tested:
- Please enter through the Main Lobby.
- You will be asked several questions related to COVID-19.
- Asymptomatic and symptomatic patients will be tested in separate spaces.
- Anyone entering our facility is required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- Follow proper social distancing of at least six feet.
- Any employee collecting a patient sample will wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- An order from your health care provider is required.
- Your health insurance will be billed.
We recommend patients bring their health insurance card with them when they get tested. Results will be sent to the ordering provider. Patients may also get their results through https://hixny.org.
Individuals with and without symptoms may be tested at the hospital, including those who:
- Require a test to return to school.
- Need a test to visit a loved one in a nursing home.
- Have an occupational requirement (hairdressers, barbers, etc.).
- Are subject to precautionary or mandatory quarantine (by the health department).
- Directly interact with the public while working (health care worker, first responder or other essential worker).
If you are scheduled for surgery or a variety of other procedures, your physician will require you to be tested 4 days (96 hours) prior. You can get the COVID-19 test along with additional tests, including an EKG or lab work, at the hospital.
The CVPH COVID-19 Testing Center at 295 New York Road in Plattsburgh is no longer conducting tests at that location. The service has been transitioned to the main campus of the hospital.
Other Testing Options
Beginning Wednesday, July 28, 2021, Clinton County Health Department is offering free testing for asymptomatic individuals (not experiencing symptoms) who do not have health insurance or a Primary Care Provider. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealth.org/covid19.
There are also other options for COVID-19 testing available to Clinton County residents. Learn more about those locations at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov.