CVPH is a New York State designated COVID-19 testing site and now offers two locations to receive a COVID–19 screening, depending on your individual needs.
A COVID-19 testing site in Clinton County is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Located at 213 Connecticut Road, Plattsburgh, NY 12903 (on what is commonly referred to as the New Base), this new site has opened to accommodate our community’s ever increasing testing demand. A cooperative effort between CVPH and the Clinton County Health Department, this location is a drive up facility offering convenience and safety. Those seeking a test are asked to remain in their vehicle. Insurance will be billed when applicable. People are encouraged to bring their insurance cards with them to the testing site.
A physician's order is not required. Individuals with (symptomatic) and without (asymptomatic) COVID-19 symptoms may be tested at this location, including those who:
- Require a test to return to school.
- Need a test to visit a loved one in a nursing home.
- Have an occupational requirement (hairdressers, barbers, etc.).
- Are subject to precautionary or mandatory quarantine (by the health department).
- Directly interact with the public while working (health care worker, first responder, or other essential worker).
- Meet the criteria set by the New York State Department of Health based on where you live, work, or other factors the Department deems relevant to COVID-19 testing.
Getting Your Results
Results will be shared with the ordering physicians. For those who are tested without a physician order, your tests results will be available from BioReference Laboratories. Instructions to create an account and access the portal are here.
A letter containing your test result will be mailed to you via the United States Postal Service. Those who test positive for COVID-19 will receive a call from a hospital representative.