CVPH is a New York State designated COVID-19 testing site and now offers two locations to receive a COVID–19 screening, depending on your individual needs.
NEW: (Updated 3/29/21 @ 9:30 a.m.)
Patients requiring a pre-procedure COVID-19 test only may now get that test at the COVID-19 Testing Site located at 295 New York Road, Plattsburgh, NY 12903. The site is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. If you require a COVID-19 test and additional testing, including EKG or lab work, you should get those tests done in the first floor Patient Registration/Lab area next to the main lobby at CVPH.
This site has opened to accommodate our community’s ever increasing testing demand. A cooperative effort between CVPH and the Clinton County Health Department, this location was specifically chosen with the large facility in mind for a safer working and testing environment during the winter.
Following New York State Department of Health guidelines to limit the risk of spreading the virus, everyone entering the building will be required to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer stations are found throughout the site, and there is ample space to allow for proper physical distancing. Asymptomatic clients and those with COVID-like symptoms will be tested in separate areas. The actual test procedures occur inside tents within the building with air filtration in each tent.
A physician's order is not required. Individuals with (symptomatic) and without (asymptomatic) COVID-19 symptoms may be tested at this location, including those who:
- Require a test to return to school.
- Need a test to visit a loved one in a nursing home.
- Have an occupational requirement (hairdressers, barbers, etc.).
- Are subject to precautionary or mandatory quarantine (by the health department).
- Directly interact with the public while working (health care worker, first responder, or other essential worker).
- Meet the criteria set by the New York State Department of Health based on where you live, work, or other factors the Department deems relevant to COVID-19 testing.
Insurance will be billed when applicable. People are encouraged to bring their insurance cards with them to the testing site.
Watch the video below for a tour of the testing site:
Getting Your Results
Results will be shared with the ordering physicians. For those who are tested without a physician order, your tests results will be available from BioReference Laboratories. Instructions to create an account and access the portal are here.
A letter containing your test result will be mailed to you via the United States Postal Service. Those who test positive for COVID-19 will receive a call from a hospital representative.
- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday: 6 a.m.-2 p.m.