Charges for Services
Get an estimate of your charges for services at CVPH. Our Financial Advocates can help.
How Health Insurance Works
How much will you owe for your visit or procedure? We can help you figure this out, but first it helps to understand how insurance works. The posted charge may be very different from what you actually owe. Your insurance company will often pay a portion of a covered service or procedure.
Get an Estimate of What You Will Owe
In order to achieve the best possible estimate for your upcoming procedure, complete the following steps to receive an estimate:
- Request “CPT code” from your doctor’s office.
- With the CPT Code in hand, fill out our online form and we'll get back to you within five business days. If you prefer, you may call us at (518) 562-7075 and one ouf our Financial Advocates will be happy to assist you. Please be ready to confirm the patient’s first and last name, birthdate and insurance information.
- Next, call your insurance company to find out the portion you will need to pay based on your individual plan’s coinsurance and deductible amounts.
Estimates of charges may vary for the same type of service based on individual patient needs. The estimate provided is the average of all charges for patients receiving similar care and treatment. We charge for the actual services provided for an individual’s medical care, which may include other fees and costs in addition to those stated in the original estimated amount. Estimates are based on current pricing at the time the estimate is provided. Your final bill will reflect the actual services provided during your episode of care. If you have any questions please contact a Financial Advocate at (518) 562-7075.
CVPH’s Standard Charges for Services
- Download entire Chargemaster in Machine Readable CSV format
- Download Average DRGs in Machine Readable CSV format
- Cost for COVID-19 testing: Charge is $103 for the test plus a $40 specimen collection = $143
On August 2, 2018, The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule (CMS-1694-F) requiring that all hospitals “make available a list of their current standard charges via the Internet in a machine readable format, and to update this information at least annually.” CVPH is pleased to provide this information to our patients, as we recognize that making good health care decisions requires having all of the facts and understanding your options.
In compliance with the new federal regulation, this price list contains our hospital standard charges as of January 1, 2019. In addition to the required list, we have also chosen to provide our physician standard charges. Standard charges are the same for all patients, however financial responsibility may vary based on a patient’s individual medical insurance plan as well as our organization’s contracts with insurance companies. Uninsured or international patients may be eligible for discounts. Financial Advocates are available to assist all patients early in the process to identify eligibility for additional financial assistance and to estimate out of pocket expenses.
In order to achieve the best possible estimate for your upcoming procedure, we ask that all fields be filled out. If you have questions filing out the form, please contact the Financial Advocates at (518) 562-7075.*indicates required fields