DAISY and BEE Awards
How has a nurse or support staff made a difference for you? Tell us about your experience by nominating them for a DAISY or BEE Award today.
Want to recognize one of our fabulous nurses or support staff?
The DAISY Award Program is a great way to honor the tremendous clinical skill and compassion of the licensed nurses (LPN, RN or APRN) at CVPH. We have three separate DAISY Awards honoring a variety of roles nurses play in caring for our patients:
- DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses: A staff nurse is named quartely for providing patients and family members with excellent, compassionate care.
- DAISY Nurse Leader Award: A nurse leader is recognized twice a year for involvement in excellent direct patient care or creating an environment where compassionate, skillful care thrives.
- DAISY Team Award: A nurse-led team is honored annually, recognizing collaboration by two or more people who identify and meet patient and/or patient family needs by going above and beyond the traditional role of nursing.
The BEE (Beyond Exceptional Everyday) Award Program recognizes members of our support staff who go above and beyond in their roles. Support staff include all employees who work with nurses and providers to improve the physical, emotional and spiritual health of our patients and their families.
Because DAISIES can't survive without BEES, and BEES can't survive without DAISIES
The recipient of each award is recognized with a special celebration on their unit or department which will include coworkers. Each honoree will also receive a gift bag of DAISY or BEE-themed goodies.
So who is a DAISY or BEE nominee?
- The nominee is a nurse or support staff member who you would want taking care of your loved one.
- The nominee is a team player, sensitive caregiver and health care professional who brings CVPH’s cultural beliefs to life every day.
- The nominee uses their head, hands and heart to be advocates for patients and their loved ones:
Head: committed to the highest standards of Nursing Processional Practice and patient care; demonstrated excellent critical thinking skills and decision making ability
Hands: went above and beyond; worked collaboratively with others to meet the goals of the patient and family
Heart: made a special connection; provided compassionate care
Who can nominate a DAISY or a BEE?
Nurses, support staff members, or a team of caregivers and staff can be nominated by patients, families and colleagues.
Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a staff member made a difference you will never forget. Complete the form and mail it to:
Rachel Kern, RN
75 Beekman Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Or, you may complete the form below to submit an electronic version.
DAISY Award History
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses is an internationally recognized program that was developed in 1999 in memory of Patrick Barnes who died at the age of 33 from complications of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). Patrick’s family was profoundly impressed with the skillful and compassionate nursing care that he received while in the hospital and established the DAISY Foundation as a way to recognize and honor the work that nurses do for patients and families every day. DAISY is an acronym for Disease Attacking the Immune System.