Our Patient Advocate Manager works to support the best possible patient experience by working to address any concerns you may have.
The Patient and Family Experience
Our goal at Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital is to provide the best care experience possible. If we have met or exceeded your expectations we want to hear from you. We are also here to listen to any concerns or complaints that you may have experienced.
Our patient advocates look into and help resolve patient care related complaints. They can answer your questions about confidentiality, patients' rights and get you the information about your care. Our advocates are experienced health care professionals who are here to help.
What is Patient Advocacy?
Our Patient Advocates serve as a resource to help bridge gaps between CVPH patients/families and staff with the health care team by:
- Addressing quality of care concerns
- Provide service recovery
- Share compliments back to staff and departments
- Providing a formal avenue for grievance resolution
- Providing an organizational resource for maintaining complaint data and actions taken
- Assisting our leadership in identifying patterns, trends and opportunities for patient care improvement
- Collaborating with departments, management and staff to address safety, risk, ethics and compliance to ensure any patient and family concerns have been resolved
- Helping to connect patients and families with available hospital resources to assist in complete health care
Contact our Patient Advocates
Our patient advocates are available 7 days a week 8:00am - 4:00pm (excluding holidays). They can be reached at (518) 314-3054.
UVM Health Network - CVPH
75 Beekman Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
If, for any reason, your concerns remain unaddressed or you are unhappy with the resolution you may contact the following agencies to report any concerns or to register a complaint at any time:
You may contact The Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring
- By email at www.jointcommission.org using the “Report a Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center” on the home page of the website
- By fax to 1-630-792-5636
- By Mail to the Office of Quality and patient Safety (OQPS) The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
The New York State Department of Health
Centralized Hospital Intake Program
875 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
Send an email