Both of our Continuity Clinics provide a supportive, family-like environment for our residents.
Continuity Clinics at Two Locations
As a resident, you will care for your own continuity patient panels over the course of your training at one of two locations.
CVPH Family Medicine Center
Plattsburgh, New York is the home to the UVM Health Network - CVPH Family Medicine Residency clinic. Plattsburgh is a small community with less than 20,000 people located on the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain along the Adirondack Coast. Our Family Medicine Center is the core primary care provider for the community and is a NCQA-certified Patient-Centered Medical Home and a member of the Adirondack Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
More about the Family Medicine Center:
- Primary site for continuity patients
- Underserved population - all ages welcome
- Patients come from Clinton, Essex and Franklin counties
- Staffed by family physicians, advanced practice providers (APPs), specialists and Medical Home providers
- Team-based care consisting of nurses, APPs, attending, residents and clerical staff
Hudson Headwaters Health Network - Champlain Family Health
In 2018, CVPH partnered with HHHN - Champlain Family Health to expand from a 4-4-4 program, to a 6-6-6 program. This expansion included the addition of a new family medicine practice site where some of our residents do their continuity clinic in a more rural setting.
Located 20 minutes north of Plattsburgh, Champlain has a population of less than 6,000 people and is home to one of Hudson Headwaters Health Network's Federally Qualified Health Center sites.
Champlain Family Health includes:
- Twenty-four primary care exam rooms
- Three behavioral health counseling rooms
- A procedure room for emergencies and minor procedures
Located within Champlain Family Health is the UVM Health Network - CVPH Diagnostic Center offering X-Ray and Laboratory services to patients in one convenient location.
Family Medicine providers and residents perform procedures at both sites, including:
- Laceration repair
- IUD placement
- Among many other procedures