Residency applications for the University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program in Plattsburgh, NY are submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Your file will be reviewed and candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviewing generally begins in October and will continue through December.
Materials required from all applicants are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- A minimum of three (3) recent letters of reference from direct supervisors
- Successful completion of both Steps 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) or COMLEX 1 and 2.
Application Process for US and Canadian (LCME accredited) Medical Schools
- All applications must be submitted via ERAS prior to the deadline
- Application deadline is December 1st. All materials must be received by December 1st. In order to be considered for ranking, USMLE Step 1 and 2, or COMLEX 1 and 2 scores must be received by Jan. 31st.
- Photographs are not required to complete your ERAS application, however having a photograph on file is very helpful to us, particularly once you are scheduled to participate in an interview day.
Application Process for Graduates of International Medical Schools
- 1.All applications must be submitted via ERAS prior to the Dec.1st deadline.
- 2.In addition to the required materials for application, you will need to have:
- A current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). If you do not have this certificate, you will need to contact the ECFMG directly and arrange to take the USMLE.
- You must have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years.
- You will need to have worked in clinical medicine within the last 2 years for at least 6 months. Please note, observerships do not fulfill tis requirement.
- You must have successfully completed the Clinical Skills Assessment of the USMLE.
- You must have U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and a current ECFMG or a J-1 Visa.
- Current students must receive their ECFMG certificates prior to the start of your residency training.
Your application will not be considered unless you are able to fulfill all of the above criteria.
3. Photographs are not required to complete your ERAS application, however having a photograph on file is very helpful to us, particularly once you are scheduled to participate in an interview day.
Specific Requirements and Deadlines
We currently use the list of Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California. If you have graduated or will graduate from a medical school that is not on the list, you will not be considered for a position within our program. Click here to see the schools on the list.
- Application deadline is December 1st.
- Applications must be received in their entirety (application, dean's letter, three letters of recommendation, transcript, and personal statement) by December 1st.
- Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS or COMLEX 1, 2 CE and 2 PE must be successfully completed and score reports must be received by Jan. 31st in order to be considered for a position within our program.
- We do not have a minimum score requirement for the USMLE or COMLEX; however applicants with higher scores and less attempts may have a greater likelyhood of being offered an interview with our program.
Once our selection committee has reviewed applications, we will email selected applicants to arrange interviews. Interviews are scheduled on certain Tuesdays and Thursdays during the months of October, November, and December. Each interview day has limited space, so it is important that selected candidates respond as early as possible in order to schedule the date that works best for you.
The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Family Medicine Residency, Plattsburgh, NY conducts interviews on certain Tuesdays and Thursdays during the months of October, November and December. Each Interview day has limited space, so it is important that selected candidates respond as early as possible in order to schedule the date that works best for you. The interview day will begin at 8am and end by 12:30pm.