CVPH sponsors and/or hosts support group meetings and educational programs for our staff, their families and our community.
The following support groups and educational programs are sponsored by CVPH:
The FitzPatrick Cancer Center offers a variety of Cancer Support Groups focused on our patients' individual needs. If you’re attending any of the Cancer Support group meetings for the first time, please call (518) 562-7534 to register. All groups meet in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center Waiting Area unless otherwise indicated.
- The Big C Club: A Group for Men with Cancer - 2nd Monday of every Month — 6 to 8 pm
- Treasure Chests: Breast Cancer Support Group - 2nd Wednesday of every Month—6 to 8 pm
- Strive to thrive: A Group for Women with Cancer - 2nd Tuesday of the Month — 6 to 8 pm
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Patient and Family Support Group: For anyone with a blood cancer diagnosis of: leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, waldenstrom’s or mylodysplastic syndrome - 3rd Monday of every Month — 6 to 8 pm
- Look Good...Feel Better: A program to assist women in coping with appearance changes, such as hair loss and changes in skin. RSVP required by calling (518) 561-2000 ext. 5010.
- Yoga4Cancer. A yoga class tailored specifically to meet the unique needs of cancer survivors during all phases of treatment. Call for times and more information. Trinity Yoga, 22A Oak St., Plattsburgh (518) 572-3636 www.trinity3yoga.com
Grief Support Group: open to anyone in the community who has experienced the death of a loved one. It is a professionally led group whose purpose is to help individuals find a space where they can share their experience with others in a similar situation. Held the 1st Monday of the Month at 6 pm in the FitzPatrick Cancer Center Waiting Room. No connection to Cancer required to attend the group. If attending for the first time, please call (518) 562-7534.
Diabetes Support Group meets the 4th Tuesday at the CVPH Family Medicine Center, 159 Margaret St.,Plattsburgh. Times vary. Call Heather Lacey, group coordinator at (518) 314-3951 or email email@example.com.
Maternity and new mom support groups and educational programs through our Alice T. Miner Women and Children's Center. Phone (518) 562-7730 for dates.
Ostomy Support Group: our Wound and Ostomy Department sponsors a support group open to patients, families and caregivers. It meets four times a year. Find out when next meeting is scheduled and learn more about our Wound and Ostomy services by calling (518) 562-7939.
SPAN, Statewide Peer Assistance for Nurses, a confidential education, support, and advocacy program for ALL nurses licensed in New York State, anywhere on the continuum from substance use to substance dependence, meets every other Wednesday at 4:30 pm in the Medical Arts Building 302A.
UVM Health Network COVID-19 Survivor Support Group Katherine Menson, DO, a pulmonary and critical care physician at UVM Medical Center, is leading a new COVID-19 Survivor Support Group open to all UVM Health Network patients, family members, caregivers and medical professionals who have experienced COVID-19. This is a forum for sharing experiences, learning about the latest scientific research on symptoms and recovery, and finding resources. Please share with anyone you think might benefit from participating in this group. To register or learn more, email COVID19SurvivorSupport@UVMHealth.org. You will receive a link to the Zoom session via email.
The following support groups and educational programs are held at CVPH:
- Alcoholics Anonymous meets every Friday at 8 pm
- Al Anon meets every Saturday at 7 in Auditorium A. Call (518) 561-0838 or 1 (888) 4AL-ANON or go to www.nynafg.com.
- HOW it works
- Overeaters Anonymous meetings are Wednesday night at 7 pm. This is a 12-step group that aims to support those who suffer from disordered eating. Contact Teah at (518) 524-9946 for more information.
- Narcotics Anonymous meets every Saturday at 6 pm.