The following support groups and educational programs are sponsored by CVPH:
- Cancer Support Groups through the FitzPatrick Cancer Center for a variety of personal needs. Call (518) 562-7100.
- Diabetes Support Group meets the 4th Tuesday at the CVPH Family Medicine Center, 159 Margaret St.,Plattsburgh. Times vary. Call Heather Lacey, group coordinator at (518) 314-3951 or email email@example.com.
- Maternity and new mom support groups and educational programs through our Alice T. Miner Women and Children's Center. Phone (518) 562-7730 for dates.
- SPAN, Statewide Peer Assistance for Nurses, a confidential education, support, and advocacy program for ALL nurses licensed in New York State, anywhere on the continuum from substance use to substance dependence, meets every other Wednesday at 4:30 pm in the Medical Arts Building 302A.
The following support groups and educational programs are held at CVPH:
- Alcoholics Anonymous meets every Friday at 8 pm.
- Al Anon meets every Saturday at 7 in Auditorium A. Call (518) 561-0838 or 1 (888) 4AL-ANON or go to www.nynafg.com.
- HOW it works
- Overeaters Anonymous meetings are Wednesday night at 7 pm. This is a 12-step group that aims to support those who suffer from disordered eating. Contact Teah at (518) 524-9946 for more information.
- Narcotics Anonymous meets every Saturday at 6 pm.