Intensive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit
Second Floor, "R" Building, East Wing
The mission of the unit is to provide close observation, clinical expertise and support for the critically ill. Care is provided for patients of all ages including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
The unit has been designed to provide visualization, enhance workflow, and encourage family support in a healing environment.
There are 14 private rooms, two being negative airflow isolation rooms. The ICU is in close proximity to the OR, PACU, ECC, Laboratory, Radiology and Cardiac Cath Lab.
The unit provides holistic care using the multidisciplinary approach for critically ill patients. These patients include the following categories, requiring advanced monitoring and intensive treatment.
- Patients requiring respiratory/ventilatory care.
- Patients requiring cardiac/hemodynamic monitoring/temporary pacing/IABP therapy.
- High-risk patients requiring frequent observation/intervention.
- Patients requiring invasive neurological monitoring.
- Patients requiring observation and support due to drug overdose or poisoning.
- Patients requiring advanced care due to medication therapy.
- Patients with multiple trauma.
- Patients recovering from major surgical procedures.
- Patients 0 to 24 hours post Open Heart surgery.
- Patients requiring post-cardiac interventional care.
- Patients with acute gastrointestinal disorders.