Oncology Services at CVPH Medical Center
Oncology, or cancer patients, benefit from a coordinated approach to their care designed to enhance convenience and ensure quality. Everyone involved in the experience, from support staff and diagnostics to hands-on and post hospital care is committed to working together for the benefit of patients and their families.
Our commitment is to:
- Being the regional provider for oncology services.
- Providing a seamless point of entry and coordination of cancer services.
- Investing in the technology that supports needed care.
- Providing care that is cost effective and convenient for patients.
- Recruiting and retaining sufficient numbers of highly trained physicians and staff needed to provide care.
- Providing facilities that delineate care for patients including inpatient, comfort, hospice and outpatient/family care.
- Being recognized as the regional resource for cancer education and community cancer screening.
- We believe in survivorship, respect, two-way communications, educating and providing information for patients and their families, compassion, and pain control. Cancer care is personal; our team has a well-deserved reputation for reaching out and providing emotional support as well as outstanding quality clinical care.
In 2008, an Oncology Patient Advisory Committee was established to help better understand what we were doing well and what needed additional attention. It also serves as a sounding board, providing insight and critiquing new programs and approaches to cancer care. We deeply value the time and assistance the members of this committee provide for the betterment of future oncology patients at CVPH Medical Center.