The CVPH Heart Center
North Country residents take heart. Should you ever need cardiovascular care, you have some of the best in the nation at the hospitals of The University of Vermont Health Network. Working together, we’re able to diagnose and prescribe treatment plans informed by the very latest advances in cardiovascular medicine, giving you access to the right care, closer to home.
The UVM Health Network - CVPH Heart Center, in Plattsburgh, was recently ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for cardiac care and has been ranked among the top 10% in the nation since 2008.
With quality as the bedrock of our heart program, our cardiovascular team uses the most advanced techniques to provide you with the best possible care – that’s what we call the heart and science of medicine.
Keeping You Healthy Is Our Main Goal
Heart health consists of more than emergent and surgical procedures. Our Heart Center we offer all the latest diagnostic tools to evaluate and identify heart problems. Your family physician can recommend a plan of action and refer you to one of our specialists.
At CVPH you can also find a treatment clinic tailored to fit your cardiac needs. We offer risk factor evaluation, diet consultation and smoking cessation as well as a heart failure clinic. Call the Center for more information (518-562-7742).
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program is dedicated to helping heart patients regain good health and independence. CVPH patients can benefit from four phases of rehabilitation beginning with the highly structured inpatient portion, followed by the closely monitored phase two program offered on campus and overseen by registered nurses, exercise specialists and dietitians. Phases three and four are conducted at the CVPH Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, and also include monitoring by health professionals.
Education & Support
Prevention and wellness are important components of overall cardiac health. Along with an extensive educational curriculum made available for patients, the Heart Center staff conducts numerous community screenings and workshops.
What Does All of This Mean?
- A first-class team and program are in place.
- Lives are being saved.
- Outcomes have been extremely positive, so much so that national awards and top 10 rankings have already been achieved.
- Residents have peace of mind knowing that accepted standards of medical care are readily available.
- For families, it is much more convenient than having to travel.
- Health-care dollars are being conserved and insurance premiums will be positively affected.
- A number of highly specialized health-care jobs have been created.
- Having open-heart surgery, coronary angioplasty and electrophysiology as part of the overall hospital service is attractive to businesses contemplating relocating to the area.